• 4(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
v.1.1.1 Available
- added Video Addons, Music Addons, and Picture Addons as actions for the appropriate menus

Video Addons are now an action option for the TV Show, Movie, and Video menus.
Music Addons is now an option for the Music menu.
Picture Addons is now an option for the Pictures menu.

Available in my skin repo.  BTW, there is a slightly updated version of my repo (available on the first post) that uses HTTPS for added security.  It's not required you use it, but I noticed a warning in my Kodi log about unsecured repos, so I updated mine.
(2018-08-27, 17:27)pkscout Wrote: v.1.1.1 Available
- added Video Addons, Music Addons, and Picture Addons as actions for the appropriate menus

Video Addons are now an action option for the TV Show, Movie, and Video menus.
Music Addons is now an option for the Music menu.
Picture Addons is now an option for the Pictures menu.

You beauty!
Tx mate.
Movie sets artwork.

I should have quoted, not replied!
(2018-08-27, 21:46)thewarm Wrote: Movie sets artwork.

I should have quoted, not replied!
No worries.  I do that all the time.  I reported it as a bug, and what I heard back was the Set and SetFanart are still works in progress, so Estuary doesn't support them yet.  Given they just moved to beta for Kodi 18 and Estuary still doesn't support them, I wouldn't count on them being supported in the initial Kodi 18 release.  If I can find some documentation for the Set and SetFanart stuff I may try and add support to the mod.
v.1.1.2 Released
- fixes from Estuary 2.0.12 (from Kodi Beta 1)
- added images back for proper weather station display

I suspect absolutely nobody but me is using the weather station display option, but on the off chance you are I finally got around to adding the missing images back so all that works properly now.  Other than that this includes minor bug fixes from Estuary 2.0.12 which was included with Kodi 18 beta 1 released today.
(2018-08-28, 01:46)pkscout Wrote: v.1.1.2 Released
I suspect absolutely nobody but me is using the weather station display option, but
LOL, pehraps so Wink
pk, have a look at this video showing the video addons / music addons do not show on the home screen under Music and Movies even though they are customised in settings to do that.
https://videoblurb.com/mp/pkscout_liela_...issue.webm

BTW. trying to upgrade to 1.1.2 from Kodi i got the same fail as I had on 1.1.0, so I downloaded the zip, extracted to C:\Users\markp\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\repository.skins.pkscout and 1.1.2 installs that way.
tx
Mark.
(2018-08-28, 17:36)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 01:46)pkscout Wrote: v.1.1.2 Released
I suspect absolutely nobody but me is using the weather station display option, but
LOL, pehraps so Wink
pk, have a look at this video showing the video addons / music addons do not show on the home screen under Music and Movies even though they are customised in settings to do that.
https://videoblurb.com/mp/pkscout_liela_...issue.webm

BTW. trying to upgrade to 1.1.2 from Kodi i got the same fail as I had on 1.1.0, so I downloaded the zip, extracted to C:\Users\markp\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\repository.skins.pkscout and 1.1.2 installs that way.
tx
Mark. 
Let me check on the first one.  There is some very special crazy logic that goes into the menu actions doing anything when the library is empty (Kodi really assumes you're going to have stuff in your library), and I probably don't have it right yet.

As for your upgrade problem, I'm not sure what to do there.  I have a second user on my test machine that I use to run a separate copy of Kodi so I can check the upgrades, and they're working here.  That test Kodi is a pretty vanilla install, so we might need to figure out if there's something else you have installed that's causing the upgrade to choke.
(2018-08-28, 22:19)pkscout Wrote: Let me check on the first one.  There is some very special crazy logic that goes into the menu actions doing anything when the library is empty (Kodi really assumes you're going to have stuff in your library)

Hi there,
I added some stuff to my library just to see what happens, and the homescreen menus for Movies and Music still show library items, not addons...
See here https://videoblurb.com/mp/addons_not_default.webm
It's not the end of the world... Wink
Odd about the install thing. I've done very little under the hood editing, just a bunch of addons. Perhaps I should disable them one by one and see if any make a difference.
Tx mate
Mark.
(2018-08-29, 00:19)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 22:19)pkscout Wrote: Let me check on the first one.  There is some very special crazy logic that goes into the menu actions doing anything when the library is empty (Kodi really assumes you're going to have stuff in your library)

Hi there,
I added some stuff to my library just to see what happens, and the homescreen menus for Movies and Music still show library items, not addons...
See here https://videoblurb.com/mp/addons_not_default.webm
It's not the end of the world... Wink
Odd about the install thing. I've done very little under the hood editing, just a bunch of addons. Perhaps I should disable them one by one and see if any make a difference.
Tx mate
Mark. 
 I just started looking, and the movie one had a typo that was causing a problem for sure.  What's weird is that it manifested itself as a double action, not NO action like in your original video.  I haven't looked at the music yet.  Let me do some more checking and get an update out.  If that doesn't fix the issue, I might have you send me your settings file.
v.1.1.3 Released
- adjusted main menu action option settings order to match main menu default order
- fixes for addons as menu actions
- right area warning about empty library is suppressed if you choose addon as the action for that section

Available, as usual, from my repo.

@fredphoesh if this doesn't fix your issue, it might be worth quitting Kodi, renaming the settings file for the skin mod, and then restarting to create a fresh settings file.  I have no idea what that would be a problem, but it's worth a try.
(2018-08-29, 01:31)pkscout Wrote: v.1.1.3 Released
@fredphoesh if this doesn't fix your issue, it might be worth quitting Kodi, renaming the settings file for the skin mod, and then restarting to create a fresh settings file.  I have no idea what that would be a problem, but it's worth a try.
Hey PK,
Well, the Movies / Music issue is still as it was, in fact I tried setting Movies to Year and Music to Songs and that did not work either, it stayed as it was, the default view as in my previous video. https://videoblurb.com/mp/addons_not_default.webm

I deleted all the contents of the folder containing your skin addon, and pasted 1.1.3 from the zip file, but by "settings file" do you mean in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder, perhaps guisettings.xml?
EDITED
ah, I renamed the settings.xml in Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.estuary.leia.pkscout.mod which put your skin to default, but alas, still not sticking with the Menu Item Shortcuts... 

Tx fella,
Mark.
Thanks for removing the Artist Slideshow requirement. That allowed me to remove it's associated addons. I am running your skin on a Bravia 2015 Android TV. I like to keep Kodi as streamlined as possible.
(2018-08-29, 10:16)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2018-08-29, 01:31)pkscout Wrote: v.1.1.3 Released
Hey PK,
Well, the Movies / Music issue is still as it was, in fact I tried setting Movies to Year and Music to Songs and that did not work either, it stayed as it was, the default view as in my previous video. https://videoblurb.com/mp/addons_not_default.webm

I deleted all the contents of the folder containing your skin addon, and pasted 1.1.3 from the zip file, but by "settings file" do you mean in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder, perhaps guisettings.xml?
EDITED
ah, I renamed the settings.xml in Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.estuary.leia.pkscout.mod which put your skin to default, but alas, still not sticking with the Menu Item Shortcuts... 

Tx fella,
Mark. 
At this point I'm running out of ideas for you.  I've tried every configuration you've mentioned, and I can't duplicate the issue.  When I set the main menu action to any of the options for any of the menu items they work here.  I'm pretty sure I tried every variation, although given the shear number I might have missed a couple.  I'm hoping someone else will chime in with their experiences with changing the menu actions, because at this point all I can say is that either there is something in your setup that's causing things to fail or there's something in mine causing them to succeed.

I'm wondering if you have some permissions issue on your userdata folder or something.  That might be causing the upgrade problem too.  If you want to you could put your settings file for the skin mod (the one you just deleted and recreated) somewhere I can download it and PM me the link.  Or PM me your email address and I'll send you an email so you can email it to me.  That's the only thing left I can think to check.
(2018-08-29, 17:32)pkscout Wrote: I'm hoping someone else will chime in with their experiences with changing the menu actions...

I'm wondering if you have some permissions issue on your userdata folder or something.  That might be causing the upgrade problem too.  If you want to you could put your settings file for the skin mod (the one you just deleted and recreated) somewhere I can download it and PM me the link.  Or PM me your email address and I'll send you an email so you can email it to me.  That's the only thing left I can think to check. 

Hi PK, thanks for the support.
Actually I just tried on my Android TV box, and the updates worked perfectly, no probs.
The Movies and Music DO show Video Addons and Music Addons, but only if you press enter... so if you up/down and get to the Movies or Music menu item, the space to the right is completely blank. If you then press Enter, the Addons appear in a list view (no thumbnails). I am not sure if you are meant to press enter to see the Addons. This is the same with my PC, the addons show up if I press Enter.

WRT the settings file, here it is https://videoblurb.com/mp/skin-estuary-l...ttings.zip
I RH ckicked on the Kodi folder in Appdata, and went to properties, set all folders and sub folders to be NOT Read Only, and after a few mins, the properties still shows that Read only as selected. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with things, but log files have no problem being written to sub folders in the Kodi folder.

tx
Mark.
(2018-08-30, 18:30)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2018-08-29, 17:32)pkscout Wrote: I'm hoping someone else will chime in with their experiences with changing the menu actions...

Hi PK, thanks for the support.
Actually I just tried on my Android TV box, and the updates worked perfectly, no probs.
The Movies and Music DO show Video Addons and Music Addons, but only if you press enter... so if you up/down and get to the Movies or Music menu item, the space to the right is completely blank. If you then press Enter, the Addons appear in a list view (no thumbnails). I am not sure if you are meant to press enter to see the Addons. This is the same with my PC, the addons show up if I press Enter.

WRT the settings file, here it is https://videoblurb.com/mp/skin-estuary-l...ttings.zip
I RH ckicked on the Kodi folder in Appdata, and went to properties, set all folders and sub folders to be NOT Read Only, and after a few mins, the properties still shows that Read only as selected. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with things, but log files have no problem being written to sub folders in the Kodi folder.

tx
Mark. 
That's the expected behavior.  Changing the menu action changes what happens when you click on it (or hit return).  Adding the ability to have addons in the right hand window when you're on video (or movies, tv, etc) is a much more substantial task, and I'm going to have to figure out what it would take to do that.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0