Request - Pls Unban developer Twilight0
It has become a misunderstanding ...it's about ban to the developer twilight0
It was a bad moment that he admitted himself publicity (https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/com...ol_i_made/) and I do not think he is able to tarnish the help he has provided to the team in recent years at a topic of participation in legit add-ons or dependencies, something that can be endorsed by several Kodi community developers like "anxdpanic" (youtube addon) ... All of it's add-ons are legal into "Thgiliwt Repository" including AliveGR and contain nothing to infringe on copyrights.
I understand that on some issues you have to be strict, especially after all that has happened from time to time, but it will be appreciated by all of us Greek users that your decision will be revoked because for us and even more Greeks around the world are the only legitimate source of viewing.
Thanks for your time and hope for a fair decision.
No, it is not a misunderstanding.

His actions in introducing cryptomining scripting to his addons without any notification or agreement from the user is very much against what Team Kodi stands for.

We discussed this at length internally, and the consensus was he should be permanently banned for the harm such actions cause to the Kodi name. That action was taken and is not subject for debate.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This topic is not up for discussion, as what twilight0 did was completely unacceptable and shows him to be totally untrustworthy, when trust has been violated in this way then nothing can be done to repair this trust as there will always be the suspicion he will do something similar again. As a result any attempt to submit addons that he has authored, whether submitted by himself or a proxy, will continue to be denied access to the official repo and be banned from discussion on this forum.

Simply fact is "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time".

Discussion closed.
(2018-06-25, 14:29)xalaros10 Wrote: I understand that on some issues you have to be strict, especially after all that has happened from time to time,
So we are just to sit down and wait, until it happens AGAIN?
We are dealing here with a multiple times rules offender.
Sorry, you will not get my vote.
We can only respect decisions you make internally but it does seem odd that instead of warning or educating devs like Twilight who graciously spend their own time building an addon that is popular worldwide in his own time which also promotes the Kodi platform you just ban them. Where is the Kodi Team environment. Mistakes can inadvertedly be made and forgiveness should always be an option. Everyone deserves a second chance after a warning. Please Help each to make Kodi bigger and better.
(2018-06-25, 16:33)Ekka Wrote: Mistakes can inadvertedly be made
Really..? Introducing crypto-mining scripting to add-ons without any notification or agreement from the user. How is that inadvertently?
Or did you simply forget to read the beginning of this thread?
Yes I do agree with you and the Kodi team that this is not in the spirit of what Kodi thrives on. I cannot reason for this only that I heard it was immediately removed on request and did apologise. Overall as an end user he has provided us with a unique addon which is popular worlwide and has worked flawlesly on the Kodi platform and also with the much apprecited help of the Kodi Team and its devs. Its just a shame on the ban.
(2018-06-25, 14:49)Klojum Wrote: We are dealing here with a multiple times rules offender.

Just to clear up what I believe is a misunderstanding: By 'multiple times' I assume you're referring to this also - apart from the mining thing.
Well, the op of this thread was mistaken on referring that repo (dimitrology). Twilight0 has nothing to do with it. Maybe dimitrology repo hosted twilight repo's once, not sure, but twilight not once hosted a piracy/banned add-on on his repo.
No 2nd chances when it's this kind of breach of trust, this thread is now closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request - Pls Unban developer Twilight02