[split] Montreal Greek TV legal channel removed without explanations
totally unacceptable ...................... i protest ....
i want all my donations back .. and is lots of my dollars .

legal addons  like greekalive ... banned... are you kidding me ....
all is free on the net ... and someone here is off the ball ............

you at kodi  will not get my donations anymore .... total nonsense .

pissed off legal greek ................................
Sir,

Please stay on topic.

This thread is about the removal of MONTREAL GREEK TV Add-on.

Thank you.
Twilight0‏  should of never got  banned   .

totally uncalled for ......
i will never donate until Twilight0‏  is back to this forum  ................

and believe me the way it is going kodi is die fast ............

i have donated 200.00 and i am pissed off ......
(2018-06-25, 22:56)greektv Wrote: Sir,

Please stay on topic.

This thread is about the removal of MONTREAL GREEK TV Add-on.

Thank you.
sorry greek i just  pissed off .............
from greek ...
At greektycoon: I can see where you're coming from, but please stay on topic. This thread is about the approval/rejection of Montreal Greek TV addon.
Its good that you donated to XBMC foundation, they worth every penny, I also donated myself 3 times, don't ask your money back because this is open source software; you didn't buy it, you donated because you believed the foundation deserves it.
(2018-06-25, 15:44)greektv Wrote: Good day,

I'm the publisher of THE MONTREAL GREEK TIMES printed newspaper and the Television channel owner of MONTREAL GREEK TV, which operates legally in Canada with CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission), the public authority in charge of regulating and supervising Canadian broadcasting. We are licensed as Class B Regional Channel undertaking in the Greek Language, and we operate in both subscription and free Digital platforms (ROKU, FilmON, Android, SmartTV, IPTV, Apple TV, KODI, online, etc).

Some months ago, we hired the services of a developer to create a KODI Add-on for MONTREAL GREEK TV to be accessed by our Television viewers free of charge in the official KODI Repository.

We advertise Montreal Greek TV channel in the printed edition of The Montreal Greek Times newspaper as being available many OTT and IPTV platforms, one of them being KODI:

On or about April 14 2018 MONTREAL GREEK TV channel Add-on was removed from the KODI Repository and our viewers couldn't access our Television Channel, newspaper or Radio Broadcasts from the KODI platform.  I then communicated with the developer, and I was inform there was an issue with his account.

On April 17 2018 I created an account with Github to have MONTREAL GREEK TV KODI channel in it's own account, and asked the developer who created the Add-on for us to transfer the App to our Television Station's account.

Yesterday our TV Channel Pull Request #1912 was identified as "spam", denied and closed.

I don't understand what happened with the developer's personal account in the past, but whatever happened it's totally unrelated with our Television Broadcasting operations and it's totally unacceptable and unprofessional to have our Legal Channel removed from the KODI's distribution system without warning or the possibility to look into the matter in a professional manner.

My understanding was the KODI platform favours legal content, over pirated streams.  Our channel is licensed by the CRTC in Canada, and this unjust action puts our channel at an unfair disadvantage over pirated streams.

Can a KODI team member please communicate with me at [email protected] as I will be putting a news story together in the newspaper (both in print and online) to justify this unfair behavior.

This is totally unacceptable.

Dimitri Papadopoulos,
publisher
THE MONTREAL GREEK TIMES
www.greektimes.ca
4992 Notre-Dame Blvd.
Laval, QC H7W 1V5
Canada

Tel: 514-998-0878
Fax: 514-221-2425
looking froward for the news on this issue ..
going to website ............

all he best from hamilton ont canada .......
split offtopic posts & closing.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Montreal Greek TV legal channel removed without explanations0