Re: Compassion ban to the developer twilight0.
I didn't even manage to reply, so quickly locked: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333183

@Klojum, @Darrenhill: I am opening this thread to reply to Nickvar, but don't want to stretch it further regarding my case.
NickVar Wrote:Hi i understand your ban to the developer twilight0. I guess you need to understand the situation in Greece. 10 years of Economic depression, he was giving his time for free on Kodi so i guess in desperation he needed the money . Every prisoner has a reform process in place to give them some hope and light. Be compassionate and provide a reform process for him to rejoin Kodi his and Greece's economic plight has been so tragic, do not make it worse for him. I think he has learnt his lesson and a reform process should be considered. Thank You for your time. Nick

If I wanted to earn money off of Kodi and abuse its name I could have done other things like Sell preloaded boxes, Promote Kodi through youtube or even a blog/website. Yes it is a truth that I am a poor guy having a job to work on from time to time, but you know what? It isn't my goal to get rich or "make a quick buck" off of someone, because of the (un)ethics involved. I used pirated software in the past but quickly realized how bad it was and now I even purchase Android apps, buy music online, rent movie discs (DVD/BR) from a local store. Because I am also a sort of creator (aka developer) myself and definitely don't want to get abused by box sellers.

The addon itself created by me was experimental. I wasn't expecting to earn anything from it, really. To earn a single cent in USD, 200,000 hits must have been accumulated. Not a single user used them, really... I also didn't expect it being was against the rules. Let's search the wiki if there's any reference. Nope not a single one.

We all know they handle things behind closed doors and I am certain they have an integrity to keep, hence the need to be against anyone who doesn't follow their strict rules. Rules are to be bend sometimes they say, there is a first time for everything, even an exception. If they don't want to unban me, its ok, that's life I will accept it and move forward. I was outraged only because of the denial for a legit addon submission into the official repo, as it was totally unrelated to that other addon I had with the coinhive links.
NickVar Wrote:Greece was lent money by EU banks and Governments since Greece joined the EU which i think has been for some 30 years. EU and the banks have known of the corruption going on in Greece for years but kept on lending them money so the lenders are part of the problem. There is old saying, if you owe the bank or lender $1000 dollars then the borower has a problem, if you owe the bank or lender a million or a billion dollars then the bank and lender has a problem. Basically the EU enjoyed the good times and taking no responsibility in the bad times when Greece could not pay but they knew what was going on for years. Nick

Long story short we mere humans can't do much about the decisions of politicians. This story doesn't contribute to the situation at any point.

Mod edit to correct the attribution of the quotes posts - both were by NickVar and not PatK - see links at the end of the post below for the originals.
What you did was wrong, pure and simple.

Your current second account is also against the forum rules (a new account to circumvent a ban is not permitted), but it is temporarily being allowed so you can have your say. But that status is under ongoing review as the team discussed your actions at length and the conclusion was that your presence and contribution was not desired here.

And what comes into our repo is entirely at our discretion. We do not police 3rd party repos nor do we block their usage within Kodi. But we decide what we include in our official one, and the team is currently not comfortable to include anything you have involvement with.

Editted to add - I have corrected your post above, as both of your quotes you attribute to @PatK, when they were actually posted by @NickVar (here and here). PatK made a post between them, but please be more careful with your attribution, especially given the content.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-06-26, 09:27)DarrenHill Wrote: Editted to add - I have corrected your post above, as both of your quotes you attribute to @PatK, when they were actually posted by @NickVar (here and here). PatK made a post between them, but please be more careful with your attribution, especially given the content.

Yes my bad you 're right. Keeping things in a tidy manner, thumbs up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re: Compassion ban to the developer twilight0.0