Mark last watched episode of TV series
Hi there. Quite often I rewatch TV series. It may be alone or with someone else, however it's always a hassle keeping track of what episode you watched last if it's a few days ago. Would it be possible to mark the last watched episode somehow? So when you enter a TV series perhaps season 2 has a last watched mark and then episode 6 has a last watched mark?

Just to help you keep track of where you are on a second or third watch when the watched flag can't help you.
Currently the watched status is a simple on/off status, based on whether a playCount > 0 is present in the video database. There is a timestamp attached to each video as 'lastPlayed' date, which is also updated each time the video is played. The playCount is however not actively used in the default Estuary skin as far as I know. Other skins may use it.

When you rewatch TV Series, do you first reset the watched status of the whole TV show? ('w' on a keyboard)

(2018-06-26, 17:25)Tobby Wrote: So when you enter a TV series perhaps season 2 has a last watched mark and then episode 6 has a last watched mark?
This is default behavior for Kodi when using the video database. You can also have the Kodi GUI go to the first next episode after the last played episode.

(2018-06-26, 17:25)Tobby Wrote: Just to help you keep track of where you are on a second or third watch when the watched flag can't help you.
That type of functionality is not present in Kodi. There is a single watch flag for the current 'watch run'. Having two or more watched statuses for the same video is not possible.
(2018-06-26, 17:53)Klojum Wrote: Currently the watched status is a simple on/off status, based on whether a playCount > 0 is present in the video database. There is a timestamp attached to each video as 'lastPlayed' date, which is also updated each time the video is played. The playCount is however not actively used in the default Estuary skin as far as I know. Other skins may use it.

When you rewatch TV Series, do you first reset the watched status of the whole TV show? ('w' on a keyboard)

(2018-06-26, 17:25)Tobby Wrote: So when you enter a TV series perhaps season 2 has a last watched mark and then episode 6 has a last watched mark?
This is default behavior for Kodi when using the video database. You can also have the Kodi GUI go to the first next episode after the last played episode.

(2018-06-26, 17:25)Tobby Wrote: Just to help you keep track of where you are on a second or third watch when the watched flag can't help you.
That type of functionality is not present in Kodi. There is a single watch flag for the current 'watch run'. Having two or more watched statuses for the same video is not possible.
Thanks for replying. Is there a way to make lastPlayed date visible in Estuary?

I don't reset the watched status because that would break my groupings. I want watched to be watched. I just want to know what episode I watched last without opening trakt on my phone.
Unless you want to dig in into the art of skinning and add the changes yourself to Estuary, perhaps you can look at other Kodi skins first for such details.
Currently, only the TV Show to which the last played episode belongs, is displayed on the Estuary home screen. No further date details are shown.
(2018-06-26, 18:29)Klojum Wrote: Unless you want to dig in into the art of skinning and add the changes yourself to Estuary, perhaps you can look at other Kodi skins first for such details.
Currently, only the TV Show to which the last played episode belongs, is displayed on the Estuary home screen. No further date details are shown.
No such skill I'm afraid, but thanks for your response
Sort your episode listing by Play Count. This way the next episode to watch is the first one in the list.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I would like to have a "Rewatch" Status aswell, to run alongside the current watched status.

The current watched status is very important as it syncs to 3rd party services like trakt and can be shared via databases.

A "Rewatch" status could be more flexible and it doesn't really matter if you mess it up when resetting it.

Trying to clear watched status from Kodi/Plex/Trakt Simultaneously is next to impossible.

Play count is not ideal, as sometimes you may watch a random episode or accidently start an episode and then all of the "Play counts" are out of sync.
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
To op, you miiiight be able to use a smart playlist to do something like this. Don't quote me, i haven't checked all the fields available in there for a while, but it might work for you.

Definitely room for improvement for kodi watched, and even moreso when integrating with trakt and rewatching.
same question. thanks for sharing
Has there been any update?
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark last watched episode of TV series0