OSX: TMM won't launch
>ERROR launching tinyMediaManager!
>You need to execute tinyMediaManager from a writeable location (e.g. the Applications folder)

tmm_2.9.12_597414a_mac.zip

OSX 10.13.4

Application installed in /Applications
No logs produced (internally in app or in ~/Library/Application Support.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
puh - i'm no Mac user, but try to extract TMM to some folder where you for sure have write permissions!
Like desktop (as test)
We only write in TMM directory, and nowhere else...

Other ideas... check permission...?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thank you for the reply.  I do have write permissions in Applications, and tested on Desktop as well. Same issue.
IIRC correctly, macos make our life hard with their (in-transparent) security mechanism...

a) when you extract tmm, move it to another location after extracting (I've spend hours of debugging why macos won't launch tmm from the downloads folder -> after extracting macos executes the app in a read only sandbox.. this happened only before moving the extracted tmm to another folder)
b) disable gatekeeper before you launch tmm for the first time (apple does not offer to sign macos apps WITHOUT a mac and paid license.. and the build service of the whole java world is on linux...)
c) make sure you installed java 8
d) try the terminal, enter the tinyMediaManager.app folder (i think Resources/Java is the right subfolder) and search for a shellscript named tinyMediaManagerOSX.sh and execute that.. maybe there is some useful output in the terminal
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thank you. Executing /Applications/tinyMediaManager.app/Contents/Resources/Java/tinyMediaManagerOSX.sh from the command-line appears to start the program properly.
okay, that indicates, that macos (finder) is somehow preventing tmm from starting Sad
if the points a) and b) did not work, I have no clue what to do..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
That's OK, I appreciate the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX: TMM won't launch0