Android Can't install Kodi on new Android TV
I just got a new Android TV yesterday, when I try to install Kodi from Google Play, it keeps give me the error 506. After google this error code, I found that people recommend clear cache and data on google play frame, google play store, etc. However, I tried all the recommended solutions, it still does not work. I even tried to install earlier version of Kodi from .apk, they all fail to install.

The TV is running a Android 8.0 system and I can install other apps without any problem. Finally, I successfully installed SPMC from Google Play. It seems this problem is only for Kodi, what's wrong?
Out of interest, what brand is your tv?
Its a Hisense 2018 modal TV
I presume by all the recommended solution you mean the 4 in the link below?

https://support.google.com/googleplay/fo...zd0/?hl=en

Is there any version of kodi already preinstalled? Even if not under the kodi brand name.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-06-27, 20:06)DarrenHill Wrote: I presume by all the recommended solution you mean the 4 in the link below?

https://support.google.com/googleplay/fo...zd0/?hl=en

Is there any version of kodi already preinstalled? Even if not under the kodi brand name.
I don't think so. Its a brand new tv and I looked up every apps installed on it, nothing related to Kodi. I doubt that maybe the tv's available internal storage (about 5GB) is not large enough for Kodi to install?
On my tablet Leia is about 200MB for the app and another 700MB for the data (not including media) so it should be enough. Depends how much is actually available?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thread Revival.

I have a new Hisense H9E Plus.  I get the 506 error if trying to install from the play store and a general "App didn't intstall" message when trying to install from a thumb drive.

I've tried deleted caches and data and deleting my google account and factory resetting the TV, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
Aptoid Maybe at the very least Aptoid TV has the last version of SPMC 17.6 its very similar to Kodis version of Leia with a few nice features with Android TV voice search and recommendations. The only caveat is SPMC is no longer being developed so it eventually wont work. but to be fair Kodi's Android development isn't much better right now.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Thanks,  that's helpful.

I am able to install SPMC, it's just not my preference.
Same problem here. Upgrade my TV yesterday from a SONY KD-55X9005C to a KD-65AF9. The old one was using Android 7 and the new one is on Android 8. But it looks like the problem is because it is using a MediaTek MT5598 (MT5893) SOC. So are there plans for KODI to support this SOC? Because a TV with that specifications is just ideal for running KODI natively. TV is having also E-ARC, so DTSHDMA, DOLBY ATMOS, etc is possible to sent out over the ARC to an amplifier.
We bought an LG 42LA620S 3D TV and hoped to install Kodi on it however the only apps its possible to add are the ones in the LG store as LG use their own WEBOS  operating system which was very disappointing . If Kodi is available under a different name as Darren suggested it would be helpful to know what it might be so i can take another look as i was only searching the apps using the name Kodi .
@sukkel  I also had the same tv as you: KD-55X9005C  !!!
@puenktchen it's the last sony TV
@Leo ccc  There is only one lousy player or we can not advance in a video ... outrageous price where is sold this TV!

I think that version 17 of kodi that is in google play is too old

My question: how to install version 18 leia I put on a usb key? and tell android oreo that you can allow this installation?
(2018-10-13, 22:51)teleporteur Wrote: My question: how to install version 18 leia I put on a usb key? and tell android oreo that you can allow this installation?
 Yes
Is there any news on the support for the newest SOC's in Android TV's like the SONY KD65_AF9 OLED TV? I tried the KODI 18 BETA 5, but same problem. It does install, but can't startup.
You'll have to contact Sony about that. Mind you, there are several threads on Sony TVs on this forum, and most of them are not very favorable. Best is to either use a separate device for Kodi usage, or RMA your TV and get a 'better' TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't install Kodi on new Android TV0