Solved Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv
I was accepted into this beta test, downloaded the 14.4MB patch and can report that Kodi 17.6 for Oreo is not only able to detect my USB-connected NTFS-formatted 3TB external drive, but it can read files from it as well. That was my major concern as I don't use my Mi Box for any streaming service whatsoever.

I've yet to do additional testing on the other (minor) issues I experienced - namely, bluetooth-remote disconnection upon start-up and wifi-disconnection at start-up. More details as I put this new patch through its paces.
how to become a beta tester?
Entering beta program is not possible atm https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...ted.44821/
Seems more a MiBox issue than a Kodi one.
I applied here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/xiaom...ector.116/

but the beta test is over for now. There is purportedly a fixed Oreo update coming sometime this week.
Hopefully it's fixed soon with an update...
did anyone get the update with fix for ntfs issue?
Just got the MiBox update.
The NTFS issue is fixed on kodi kripton.
confirmed
Solved with latest update to Mibox

I'll start off by saying, I'm not an expert at all, so this is not a fix as such but it does let you play files from the external HDD which seemed to be one of the main bugs people have reported. I thought it might be useful to anyone who has been unable to use their external HDD's since updating to Oreo 8.0 android TV.  

I bought my Mi Box 3 specifically to play 4K video files from an external HDD, so I was pretty annoyed when updating my new shiny box to Oreo 8.0 screwed that up. I was about to return my box to the retailer when I found this.
Anyway this is my fix/work around/solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QU3tgASe74

The long and short of it is that ES file explorer was causing the problems accessing external drives.  Simply removing it solved the problem.  

As I already mentioned I'm not a developer and I am fairly clueless with android boxes in general. It's just something I stumbled upon. Perhaps those that know what they are doing can take a look and see if it is of any use.
Thread marked solved.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
(2018-08-14, 17:59)sushi5734 Wrote: The long and short of it is that ES file explorer was causing the problems accessing external drives
ES File Explorer has become a bloated and ad-nagging PITA. Try X-Plore File Manager instead, it's ad-free.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
I have the same issue on my Sony TV! :-(

Hope Sony do a fix soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.