Solved Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv
(2018-06-27, 21:16)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-06-27, 20:22)yash.sagar Wrote: Please forward this message to Kodi developers to fix this bug and bring a new update
Sorry, but this "demand" can only be countered with a resounding 'hahahaha'.
Or wait... Why don't you forward your (post) address to us, so we can send a courier? Smile

Here is a tip: Try a more comprehensible tone of voice in your next questions, as right now your demand will not sit well with our developer team. In case you didn't know: they all are volunteers, and working -for free- in their own free time.

ON TOPIC:
If your external hardddisk has no disklabel, it's quite possible that Android constructs its own disk names. If Kodi was using an old diskname, and Oreo now uses a new/different diskname, it is quite possible that Kodi is totallly confused. You will likely have to rescrape your entire media collection in a new Kodi video/music database.

I have the same problem. It seems kodi after oreo update can only read fat32.. it can detect the ntfs even show the disklabel correctly but everytime i select the drive it will say "path not found"
I already tried format the drive to fat32 and it can read it perfectly.. but the problem with fat32 the external storage can't exceed 732 GB (mine). So yeah we should wait for the expert if they would fix the problem or not.. imho kodi is free and i am happy for that so we should show some respect to the expert team behind it before whining and asks for some update fix.. for now i will try to create partitions with my harddisk using fat32 and see how it goes.. peace

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - by meelo - 2018-06-27, 22:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv0