Solved Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv
I'll start off by saying, I'm not an expert at all, so this is not a fix as such but it does let you play files from the external HDD which seemed to be one of the main bugs people have reported. I thought it might be useful to anyone who has been unable to use their external HDD's since updating to Oreo 8.0 android TV.  

I bought my Mi Box 3 specifically to play 4K video files from an external HDD, so I was pretty annoyed when updating my new shiny box to Oreo 8.0 screwed that up. I was about to return my box to the retailer when I found this.
Anyway this is my fix/work around/solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QU3tgASe74

The long and short of it is that ES file explorer was causing the problems accessing external drives.  Simply removing it solved the problem.  

As I already mentioned I'm not a developer and I am fairly clueless with android boxes in general. It's just something I stumbled upon. Perhaps those that know what they are doing can take a look and see if it is of any use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - by sushi5734 - 2018-08-14, 17:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv0