Kodi unable to play live tv through NextPVR backend
Issue: Kodi unable to play live tv through NextPVR backend

Equipment: HTPC with Kodi (ver. 17.5) and NextPVR (ver 4.2.2) on same machine. Tuner is a Hauppauge HDPVR 1212 connected via TIVO

Up until recently I had the above equipment working through KODI to watch cable channels from cable-card equipped TIVO via the Hauppauge 1212 tuner. I recently cut the cord (axed Comcast Cable) so in doing so I reset the Tivo Roamio for Over theAir channels (OTA –note this uses sub channels which maybe be an issue). At this time I also removed a Hauppauge PCI card tuner from the HTPC that worked and was identified under NPVR settings along with the Hauppauge HDPVR 1212. I removed the PCI tuner card because I used the antenna feed from that to feed the TIVO. I also updated NPVR to version 4.2.2 (not sure if this may have caused any issues)

After the removal of the PCI Tuner Card and the upgrade of NPVR, I could not get KODI to start the NPVR tuner to start in LIVE TV (spinning and then states tuner unavailable). I did not touch any setting or connections as it relates to the Hauppauge 1212. In trying to troubleshoot, I read that subchannels maybe an issue, but as I recall the PCI tuner when installed used OTA subchannels and that worked?

In troubleshooting to eliminate the Hauppauge 1212 being the issue, I was able to see a live TV feed via the Arcsoft Total Media Extreme software that came with the device. So I know the tuner is working.

As to the NextPVR backend –I was never able to play live tv (black screen) though NPVR it -says I needed a different MPEG2 decoder (played around with different decoders-no luck) using the HDPVR 1212. It did work with the PCI tuner. I did not use NPVR for video purposes because KODI must have had the proper decoders because live tv worked in KODI through NPVR using the Hauppauge 1212.

Using http://127.0.0.1:8866 I was able to see the NPVR page-so it is not a networking issue?

I have posted the KODI log, if anyone can help identify the issues? Thanks

KODI LOG:     https://pastebin.com/U9m7DvQf
This is the log for NEXTPVR :  https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/HcjWvdgYN4/
When you made the change did you change all the channel settings for the 1212?  The OTA channel numbers are different than the CableCard numbers, and if NPVR is telling the 1212 to IR blast the the old channel numbers, then I suspect the Tivo is not accepting those numbers or might be tuning to a blank channel and returning no data (at which point NPVR would say there is no tuner available).  I ask only because you specifically said you didn't change anything on the 1212.
Yes I tried different channel configurations....I thought there maybe with the ota sunchannels.  I made sure the TIVO was acrually tuned to a live channel when NPVR and Kodi attempt to hook up
Sorry meant to say issues with sub-channels
I know the NextPVR developer visits here periodically, but not often.  I'd suggest you remove Kodi from the equation and just try and get NPVR to work and that you post for help at:

https://forums.nextpvr.com/forumdisplay....VR-Support

There are many more hard core NPVR folks there (who don't use Kodi and so don't post here) who can probably help figure this out better.
Posted over at NextPVR but post never posted in forum .  Tried it twice don't know if the moderators physically read every post before posting for mew members so it takes several days?
(2018-06-30, 16:20)TK978 Wrote: Posted over at NextPVR but post never posted in forum .  Tried it twice don't know if the moderators physically read every post before posting for mew members so it takes several days?
If brand new users create posts with urls in them, they're marked as requiring moderation (moderator needs to read and approve the post before it's visible). This is something the forum software does automatically because spam usually does that. It'll usually be pretty quickly seen and approved.
That said - I just checked, and there is currently no posts requiring moderation on the NextPVR forum.
Thanks ....that makes sense now
You should definitely focus on getting Live TV working in NextPVR before you even think about Kodi.

If it's saying you're missing some decoders, you can install LAV from the following URL, then head to the Settings->Decoders screen to select the LAV Video Decoder:
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters...taller.exe
I have done all that Lav decoders even registered some of the decoders out of the arcsoft media that came with the hauppage none of them seem to work....As I said I had this set up working for over a year without any issues. Dont really need live tv through next pvr if it works through Kodi as was the case.
I'm happy looks at logs etc, to help tell you why it's not working in NextPVR (though best to create a post over at the NextPVR forums). 

I couldn't tell you why it's not working in Kodi. If it's working in NextPVR though, then there is a pretty damn good chance it'll also work in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi unable to play live tv through NextPVR backend0