• 40(current)
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
wattazoum Wrote:Yes, it's true that my way of packaging causes the creation of multiple packages. This is to let the possibility to customize your installation of xbmc.

Removing is easy as removing the lower package (xbmc-common) . This causes the removal of everything.

If you do that, it means that either you know what you are doing. Currently, trying to install earlier versions from the PPA is very difficult. In fact I am even surprised that Launchpad still keeps the older packages for a so long time.

This is why I said in the first post that the SVN ppa where for bleeding edge users, which means highly unstable.

More generally, while in windows you will have one file for installing a software, in Linux you will have multiple ones. This is because the libraries are reused on Linux, while they are duplicated in windows. If you have 2 software on windows requiring python, python will be installed twice on different places. On Linux, you will have 3 packages: one for python and one for each software.

In general I find it easier to install a software in Linux than in windows. You don't need to go in a website to search for you softare, you search on synaptic, and the software will be downloaded. You don't need to open a browser, to download the file yourself ...

Thanks for the explanation.
I guess being new means having question. Appreciate your response.
Having an interesting time exploring things.
So in other words, simply apt-get remove xbmc [press tab] ?

Understand the bleeding edge type Smile But nevertheless i read the updates day by day and there are improvements as well as bugs from builds to builds but nevertheless, I could never resist if i see some major improvements from fixes and patches Tongue Guess that is why I have questions hehe
BaerMan Wrote:Today's SVN from ppa (svn23898) freezes when stopping/finishing a movie. Only solution is to hard kill X and restart again. Unfortunately i don't know how to read the debug log. If it helps I could post one.
Might this be related to a kernel update that I also installed today?

System: Ubuntu Intrepid (a.k.a. 8.10) with kernel 2.6.27-15-generic and XBMC SVN:23898 from PPA

EDIT: switching to standard theme PM III also doesn't help

I am also getting freezes when attempting to run anything apart from HD content that is offloadable. Any attempt at an ISO run results in a range of issues including

- Complete freeze of device
- Playback of only audio and no response through remote
- Very hap hazard screen display

I am running an ASROCK 330 with VDPAU enabled and upscaling disabled. When tailig the log I get reams of the messages below

12:46:02 T:2877102992 M:1708027904 ERROR: ffmpeg[AB7D1B90]: [psxstr] Invalid parameters 545 31411 -536805376
12:46:02 T:2877102992 M:1708027904 ERROR: ffmpeg[AB7D1B90]: [psxstr] Invalid parameters 545 33459 -536805376
12:46:02 T:2877102992 M:1708027904 ERROR: ffmpeg[AB7D1B90]: [psxstr] Invalid parameters 545 35507 -536805376
Ok, question : What about karmic ? Is there no ppa yet ?
wattazoum Wrote:Hi,

I am impressed that you succeeded going till this stage. Very good !Wink

The only think missing is -p:
./svn-build.sh -t SRC_BRANCH=/home/buildd/trunk version=23867 -p $@

Thanks. I'm almost ready, I think. This is the final result:

Code:
W: xbmc source: configure-generated-file-in-source xbmc/lib/libass/config.status
W: xbmc source: configure-generated-file-in-source xbmc/lib/libPython/Python/config.log
W: xbmc source: configure-generated-file-in-source xbmc/lib/libPython/Python/config.status
Finished running lintian.
Now signing changes and any dsc files...
signfile xbmc_24027-jaunty1.dsc <snip> (alias erhnam) <snip>

signfile xbmc_24027-jaunty1_source.changes <snip> (alias erhnam) <snip>

Successfully signed dsc and changes files
'pbuilder' is set. Trying into pbuilder
W: /home/buildd/.pbuilderrc does not exist
E: File /home/buildd/pbuilder/jaunty-base.tgz does not exist

Could you explain what's next to build my own .deb files? I have a .tar.gz , .build and .changes file in my home directory.

I noticed that you changed the build files a slightly bit. I'll have a later look at.
Hang on.. I noticed that I'll need to create a pbuilder base set.

I will use your pbuilder-dist script to create my jaunty base.. Will report later..
BaerMan Wrote:Today's SVN from ppa (svn23898) freezes when stopping/finishing a movie. Only solution is to hard kill X and restart again.

Problem solved at least with svn23946. Today's SVN (24020) I didn't test yet. But I guess this was a one-time-issue, right? Wink
wattazoum,

I think I'm almost there;

These are the steps that I followed: http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/wp-content/uploa...Source.txt

Some small improvements for your svn-build.sh script.

- I had some problems with the upper and lower case so I changed SVNSRC=$SRC_BRANCH/XBMC to SVNSRC=$SRC_BRANCH/xbmc.
- Notify-send is obsolete if you don't use gnome.
- A svn cleanup might be useful at the beginning.

I launched the script with:

./svn-build.sh -t SRC_BRANCH=/home/buildd/trunk version=24059 -p $@

I have the following error; I'll try to run bootstrap once to see if this fixed the problem. Once I'm able to build I'll write a small howto if anyone is interested. Here is the error:

Code:
rm -f debian/xbmc-live.init
dpkg-source -b xbmc-24059
dpkg-source: info: using source format `1.0'
dpkg-source: info: building xbmc using existing xbmc_24059.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building xbmc in xbmc_24059-jaunty1.diff.gz
dpkg-source: info: building xbmc in xbmc_24059-jaunty1.dsc
debian/rules build
dpatch apply-all
dpatch cat-all >patch-stamp

[b]make: *** No rule to make target `bootstrap', needed by `configure'.  Stop.[/b]
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package
-> Aborting with an error
-> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
-> unmounting proc filesystem
-> cleaning the build env
    -> removing directory /home/buildd/pbuilder/build/14800 and its subdirectories
The error you have is due to the debian-jaunty folder not up to date. Do a 'bzr pull' on it. This might solve your problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
wattazoum Wrote:The error you have is due to the debian-jaunty folder not up to date. Do a 'bzr pull' on it. This might solve your problem.

Tried to update it, but I already have the latest version.

(T: XBMCLive)buildd@piethein:~/debian-jaunty$ bzr pull
Using saved parent location: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/x...an-jaunty/
No revisions to pull.

I noticed on this page; https://code.edge.launchpad.net/xbmc

There are two branches 'debian'. Do I need to have one of them, or are they removed during the building?
EowynCarter Wrote:Ok, question : What about karmic ? Is there no ppa yet ?

Doesn't appear to be. I've installed it on my mini, so I'd be interested to see a PPA for it.
redtapemedia Wrote:Doesn't appear to be. I've installed it on my mini, so I'd be interested to see a PPA for it.

if your using svn,

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main

tried it on my virtualbox, works, haven't tested it extensively.
vajonam Wrote:if your using svn,

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main

tried it on my virtualbox, works, haven't tested it extensively.

I'll give it a try tonight, whatever I had down gave me an error when I tried last night. Thanks for the tip.
any notice the fps is way down for scrolling throught movies and posters in general in all skins? PM3 and others? I remeber a logging checkin caused this to slow down.. was wondering if any one else is seeing this?
I am running Jaunty, and I just switched from the stable repositories (9.04.1) to the SVN PPA (9.04.3+svn24143). Upon doing so, I found that the mouse pointer in XBMC is unstable. It resets to the center every 3 seconds or so. This behavior doesn't happen in the installation of Fluxbox on the computer. Has anyone else had this problem?
Edit: nevermind

Another question though. Why are the SVN PPA builds being delayed so much. They get queued up around the same time they usually did, but they aren't actually building until about twelve hours later. So we're basically getting builds a day late.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)12