• 83(current)
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
X3lectric Wrote:@ The_Boxhead I think a lot need updating even readmes still behind using svn compile instructions, never mind ppa stuff which many posts after main contain updated information just no one who can does anything about it, perhaps they unwilling, perhaps lack of time, perhaps lack of moderators, perhaps lack of all of the above.

XBMC is FOSS. If these things are such an issue for you perhaps you should put your vast intellect to use in rectifying the situation Wink
Mindzai Wrote:XBMC is FOSS. If these things are such an issue for you perhaps you should put your vast intellect to use in rectifying the situation Wink

Me, issues, na man, n00bs perhaps me Im sorted, I've contributed & done enough thx, what about you?
X3lectric Wrote:@ Herak dont flatter yourself

you guys do whatever you want, but please post accurate information, not occum. I'm on intel atom as well your point? no point....

1) there is no downtime, you can be compiling and using xbmc at same time on next reboot your new compiled xbmc is ready to use or stop/start xbmc-live service FACT.
Your guide gives bad advise on compiling. You might remember that and be less condending to others. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=733...stcount=11
rossoneri711 Wrote:+1

+1.

I don't feel the need to hand-hold another compilation process. Compile once per architecture, spread everywhere.

Give me a PPA and I'll keep it somewhat up to date as new features come out that I want to give a try. I loved having it for the lead up to Dharma. Eden has some nice features planned that I may want to test, and maybe I'll set up a compilation system for it, but really, what would be the point? Honestly. There isn't one. That's why the PPAs made so much sense.
X3lectric Wrote:...I could compile and release official code on my PPAS however I wont do t cause of people with your attitude.

That line says volumes! It's bad enough that your mentality is to deprive the masses because you don't like a few posters, but to come on here and say it?! That's like salt in the wound. You know darn well that many people would love to have the PPAs (or something similar) back and you tell everyone "I would and could, but I'm not going to"?! You are certainly under no obligation whatsoever to do anything, but why tell everyone that they are missing out because your mad at a few others?!

Another crusty vet lashes out at "noobs". Internet forum snobbery raises it's ugly head again. Rolleyes Thank goodness the majority of this community doesn't share the same attitude!
Sorry double post.
@ RockDawg awwww.... haven't found any idiot to do all your work for you?

@ KAiser man I have a bunch of ppas just not time or patience to do it especially when my suggestions and help is met with such intense intent to thrown me down. You are free to do however you like, heck I learned how to compile and I learned Linux from scratch. ANd decided to help other with what I learned, at no charge.

If you want I have done more then enough recently to try and bring ppas faster to public. Just requires someone else to go the rest of the way.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11263

I suspect TEam XBMC is going to ignore that or tell me to do it myself as usual but I cant assume just yet.

So you guys know Ive already done plenty of work on my own ppa's https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik

and finally here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84114

Sorry but I cant do anymore.
X3lectric Wrote:I have a bunch of ppas just not time or patience to do it especially when my suggestions and help is met with such intense intent to thrown me down.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why people react so negatively towards you? Hint: It's probably because you seem arrogant, rude and unpleasant. Maybe if you tone down the condescension people may respond more positively towards your efforts to help.
This perfect forum filled with so many righteous ppl.

Thx man you made me see the light.
@X3lectric

Dude wtf is wrong with you?

Do you think that it is a coincidence that everyone is responding like this with you? All the time you moan and bash on us amateurs/beginners/n00bs. Enough man.

If you want to help the community, help and don't ask anything in return. Do it because you want to offer something. If you are gonna offer something and then complain and complain then don't do it.

Not everyone here is on the same professional level as you, so understand that for us is a lot of work having to recompile. Just understand and accept it.

And all the time you say "i had it" etc. Then don't comment on our questions. Do anything you want.
Guys, seriously!

This is a peaceful, fun loving, help each other community.

Drink a beer, smoke something, get laid, whatever. Don't expose us all to this kind of stuff.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The team-xbmc unstable ppa built a package earlier today. I updated and what limited testing I've done shows it works, the gui might even be a little faster.
Herak Wrote:The team-xbmc unstable ppa built a package earlier today. I updated and what limited testing I've done shows it works, the gui might even be a little faster.

Thanks Herak,
Should I be using this PPA instead of the SVN one which hasn't been updated since 2010-12-17?
That worked for me. Thanks Herak and thanks xbmc devs.
Just updated and still no fix for the pause/resume video lag :-(
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)12