• 84(current)
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
Herak Wrote:The team-xbmc unstable ppa built a package earlier today. I updated and what limited testing I've done shows it works, the gui might even be a little faster.

thx man
Thanks for the update Smile
xbmcoholic Wrote:Thanks Herak,
Should I be using this PPA instead of the SVN one which hasn't been updated since 2010-12-17?

I'm guessing yes, but I'd wait for an official (or at least semi-official) announcement if you're not sure.
Please don't use this yet. I'm using it as a dumping ground for testing builds. After a refactor, we'll announce that this is the official unstable.

During the refactor, things will probably break as they are moved around.

Short version: This PPA is not safe to use.

TheUni
X3lectric Wrote:@ KAiser man I have a bunch of ppas just not time or patience to do it especially when my suggestions and help is met with such intense intent to thrown me down. You are free to do however you like, heck I learned how to compile and I learned Linux from scratch. ANd decided to help other with what I learned, at no charge.

My comment was in response to when you said
X3lectric Wrote:Why dont you compile? way easier and no need to go unofficial and unsupported.

in response to someone asking where to get some PPA's. Not everyone feels like compiling.

As you just admitted, it takes time, and not everyone (you included apparently) wants to put together a comprehensive build solution for this.

Between my Linux and BSD boxes, I'm hand-holding probably two dozen custom compiled packages. Then don't even get me started about all the Windows custom packages I have for work also. I personally don't see the need to add another custom package that I have to maintain, and am just curious when the PPA's will come back alive, because they were cool.

So, let's just drop it at that. They're back, I'm happy. I can't wait to try some of the new code and provide some bug reports and help if I run into anything.
No
Sorry if this is not new in this topic or it is being posted at the wrong place (well, it is ppa related somehow), but, anyway, anybody knows why I can't update to 10.1 by apt-get?
I did try apt-purge to purge ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa, but, as expected, does not change anything. Looks like there is a PRE-11 at the main karmic repository:

Code:
xbmc@ASRock-MC:~$ sudo apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
  Installed: 2:10.00~svn35648-karmic1
  Candidate: 2:11.0~git20110309.d780887-0ubuntu1~ppa1~karmic
  Version table:
     2:11.0~git20110309.d780887-0ubuntu1~ppa1~karmic 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Packages
     2:10.1~ppa1~karmic 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Packages
*** 2:10.00~svn35648-karmic1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
apt-get is trying to install 11.0~git20110309.d780887-0ubuntu1~ppa1~karmic and not .1~ppa1~karmic.
Looks, according with the above output, that both are in the xbmc main/stable repository...

Cheers.
any news?
rossoneri711 Wrote:any news?

+1
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
+2 Smile
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
It's been 22 days. Has there been any update on the nightly ppa?
When in library mode for my TV shows XBMC doesn't seem to be recognizing all the season folders. For instance with The office (US) i have all 7 seasons and only 4 seasons show us with a random assortment of the episodes.

I haven't watched the vast majority of the show with this install of XBMC. Is there a way to reset the watched/unwatched feature so that everything can be displayed in library mode?

I'm running the newest version of XBMC on Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bit). I've tried to modify the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml file but its locked and i Ubuntu says i'm the administrator but won't allow me to login as root.

I'm a pretty big noob with linux and XBMC please help
The_Ross_ Wrote:When in library mode for my TV shows XBMC doesn't seem to be recognizing all the season folders. For instance with The office (US) i have all 7 seasons and only 4 seasons show us with a random assortment of the episodes.

I haven't watched the vast majority of the show with this install of XBMC. Is there a way to reset the watched/unwatched feature so that everything can be displayed in library mode?

I'm running the newest version of XBMC on Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bit). I've tried to modify the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml file but its locked and i Ubuntu says i'm the administrator but won't allow me to login as root.

I'm a pretty big noob with linux and XBMC please help

Wrong thread to ask in.
Herak Wrote:Wrong thread to ask in.

Could you suggest where then, when i search for library issues nothing that seem relevant comes up
the problem, is either to do with the scraping of the eppisodes into the library OR you have to press the context menu when in th elibrary to mark the show either entierly watched or unwatched.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Gen...text_Menus

---------------

In future posting in one of the help forums either this one or the general one is best, just asking in a random thread especially one that is unrelated to your topic is not likely to help anyone.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)12