Android Android availability
I have read some prior threads and have seen statements that tMM will not get to Android. I mean not to rehash the discussion, I only wish to ask, as those discussions are a bit aged now, if there has been a change in that status? The way I figure it, there must be 100 Android users for every Mac user, so Android just makes sense. LOL! I got jokes, I understand if the status has not changed, just asking.
what do you expect to do on a android device with tmm?

- the mass of information tmm has now won't fit into a small screen device (we have problems to find a good screen setup to work on small laptop screens too..)
- tmm needs libmediainfo to gather/analyze your media files.. dunno if libmediainfo works on an android device as good as on a pc
- depending on the size of your library tmm needs a good amount of space (primary for caching images)

tmm is designed to be a desktop app and will stay there... even if we _could_ transform it to a mobile/web app, we won't invest more time into tmm than needed.. tmm is a hobby of 2 devs - and we've got family (and children now) and a full time job. as you see there is barely time for a hobby now
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
That is a good question, and one I never answered. I am looking for a method for my mother to look through all my movies and pick one of which to watch. I currently have a paid version of Archos media player. I find myself investing in a few different devs trying to find a solid solution. I love your software, but I wish I could even just use the free one on Android. Please have a look at the methods by which Archos presents the user with movie options. I formerly used Kodi for my mother... I have ALL local content and will no longer deal with the insane resources required to play a video file as it compares, to for example, VLC. I have been told by the devs that they require more resources to play a movie than VLC, and if you do not want to provide those resources, you are in their way of development. All I want is a player, simple, light weight, and browsable.
Cheers on the family, I sincerely hope fatherhood is rewarding for you. Always worry about your lady and child first Smile
Hi, is this available now? I've only just found out about this program and would love to use it but only have android devices, I mainly use the Nvidia shield tv
see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2748242
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2018-07-02, 08:32)mlaggner Wrote: what do you expect to do on a android device with tmm?

- the mass of information tmm has now won't fit into a small screen device (we have problems to find a good screen setup to work on small laptop screens too..)
- tmm needs libmediainfo to gather/analyze your media files.. dunno if libmediainfo works on an android device as good as on a pc
- depending on the size of your library tmm needs a good amount of space (primary for caching images)

tmm is designed to be a desktop app and will stay there... even if we _could_ transform it to a mobile/web app, we won't invest more time into tmm than needed.. tmm is a hobby of 2 devs - and we've got family (and children now) and a full time job. as you see there is barely time for a hobby now
An Android device is not necessarily a phone, it can be a TV or a TV box. Android TV is now becoming widespread and mentioned limitations about phones are not present there. If you could provide me some documentations about the codes, I could help you develop it for Android.
you have to decide what you really want to do:

a) completely run tmm on an android device (analyzing all data on this device; store the database on this device; ...)
b) just use that device as a frontend for tmm

I suppose a) won't be implementable in a fairly amount of time, because you have to check if every used lib is available on this device too (android runs primary in arm devices whereas tmm runs on x86) and you have to re-write the whole UI
I could think of b) to be implemented (in a sort of server/client architecture), but this needs a huge refactor on the server side (what is tmm now) and needs a completely rewritten UI on the client side (could be native android/IOS or html).

due to a lack of manpower we could do at maximum to create an API on the server side to be consumed by a client interface.. but be aware - you may need to invest dozens of hours to get this done Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-04-30, 10:08)mlaggner Wrote: you have to decide what you really want to do:

a) completely run tmm on an android device (analyzing all data on this device; store the database on this device; ...)
b) just use that device as a frontend for tmm

I suppose a) won't be implementable in a fairly amount of time, because you have to check if every used lib is available on this device too (android runs primary in arm devices whereas tmm runs on x86) and you have to re-write the whole UI
I could think of b) to be implemented (in a sort of server/client architecture), but this needs a huge refactor on the server side (what is tmm now) and needs a completely rewritten UI on the client side (could be native android/IOS or html).

due to a lack of manpower we could do at maximum to create an API on the server side to be consumed by a client interface.. but be aware - you may need to invest dozens of hours to get this done Smile
How about only using scrapers in Android? I mean ignoring analyzing data on the disk which uses some libs ( that is not available in android ) and use android classes for searching files on the disk. Using only scrapers, we only need some UI to make it work on Android. If you could provide me some documents about scrapers, I could help you develop for Android.
Hello dear friends of TMM Smile

I have been working with TMM for several years, and I'm really happy.

But the topic of a mobile version has been occupying me for a long time.
I would very much support a version for Android !!!
Maybe a program on a QNAP server and the client on the Android phone. That would be the perfect solution (for me).
Or the mentioned Scraper solution on Android alone.

Unfortunately I have no programming skills, otherwise I would like to contribute my time and knowledge.
But I would like to pay something for this development ;-)

So from me definitely +1 for this !!!!

Kind regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android availability0