Unable to transfer large files to external USB drive connected to RPI2 with Kodi 17.3
(2019-02-05, 09:24)speedwell68 Wrote: Try a different protocol, use SFTP instead...
Having an RPi do encrypting/decrypting data is not its strongsuit...

(2019-02-04, 21:40)redespace Wrote: It is crazy how hard Windows is trying, since it slows down my WIN PC (Gaming PC) so much that everything else is freezing.
A file transfer locking up your entire PC..?! Perhaps there is something else wrong on the PC.
I am having similar problems transferring large files, >2GB, from my macOS laptop to an external drive connected to a Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreELEC. This is all over my local router wifi. I have been using a Raspberry Pi as my home theatre since 2013, have transferred 1000's of >2GB files, have migrated between OSMC/Kodi/openELEC/LibreELEC/etc, and have never experienced this issue.

Following the suggestions in this thread, I enable SMB v1 (if that is what it is called) in LibreELEC on the Pi and it seems to squash the error in the large file transfer. Why do I need to do this? Both my macOS laptop and my Pi are modern operating systems, 10+ years beyond Samba? And, it is still super slow at 0.1-2Mb/sec.

My guess is this large file transfer failure has something to do with my new Xfinity/Comcast router? It is completely gray market, I am not sure on its specs nor do I have access to this? I am using the same hardware (laptop/Pi) but am in a new apartment with a new router? As always I have swapped hard-drives on the Pi and made sure they all have external power, etc.

Is there any hope that LibreELEC will start to support alternatives beyond SMB? Is there any definitive guides to setting these up? All I can find is half baked recipes that leave me hanging in the end. My macOS laptop running Darwin/Unix and my Raspberry Pi running Debian/Linux are no wimps when it comes to network protocols...
Thank you guys for the replies. After several months of frustrations of shares just disconnecting, unable to copy big files, etc.. I decided to buy an Odroid XU4 which has USB3.0. I then installed Open Media Vault to it and since then it is working like a charm. My Libreelec/Kodi is just for playing media and they are being pulled from the Odroid's attached HDDs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to transfer large files to external USB drive connected to RPI2 with Kodi 17.30