Help with Kodi (Andoid TV)
Wink 
Just looking for help with setting up my home theatre.
So far I have a:
Synology diskstation NAS (1.5TB of movies and tv shows loaded onto disk)
Mi Home Android TV

I want to make a connection directly from my Synology NAS to the android tv using preferably kodi to read my files.

do I need to input a network available folder share thing and if so will the android tv box be fine in reading or scanning the NAS
Where is Kodi installed?
If you're planning to install it on the TV, perhaps you should check whether this is possible
Derek
Yeah, its installed on the mi box (android tv as like an android app) I guess its just scanning movie libraries I give it. seen it in action so yeah its possible. Also, how would I link it to the tv? what network path do I put in (below is my movie server ImageImageadress on windows     (\\MOVIE-NAS\VIDEO)
(2018-07-11, 11:15)tomahawk793 Wrote: how would I link it to the tv?
via HDMI cable
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
nas dosent have a hdmi and in another room
What are you trying to link to the TV? How do you have Kodi set up?

You said you have a mi box and asked how to link to the TV. Plug in the HDMI cable.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
He's asking how to access his Nas from Kodi, basically Wink
yeah how to access the synoology nas storage from kodi which is installed on the android tv box
yes exactly, any thoughts?
Kodi has built-in support for SMB, NFS, FTP... I take it your NAS will support at least those. I would start with them, in that order.
do you know the network file path or adress i would need to use for a nas and which one?
(2018-07-11, 13:31)tomahawk793 Wrote: do you know the network file path or adress i would need to use for a nas and which one?
Perhaps you need to first do some homework on NAS devices in general, so you can familiarize yourself with their overall functionalities.

A NAS is connected itself to a local network via an eithernet cable to your modem/router. It will get an IP address from your DHCP server, which is usually inplmemented in your router.
If you are smart, you will fixated that IP address in your router, so it will always receive the same IP number. This is important when other network devices are depending on connecting to your NAS.

I'm sure the Synology NAS supports SMB (Samba) and NFS file network protocols. It's up to you to choose one. The network path / address will be containing the IP address of the NAS, which you want to connect to.
yeah im familiar with all that, just did a bad job of explaining it. i have assigned an ip to the diskstation and will try using the IP. cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Kodi (Andoid TV)0