Win 4K HDR content
Hello,

Kodi 17.6 - Windows 10 - Hardware: NUC8i7HVK + Sony OLED A1E

I'm trying a few 4K HDR files, but I'm not sure Kodi is processing these correctly. 
I can press "O", and the resolution is indeed set to 4K, but how do you check the colour space / HDR ? 
(or is that a setting in the driver / windows) ?
Kodi 17.x has no HDR support

You probably need to look at MadVR for now if you need HDR passthrough

Have a look here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180
No 4K HDR support when using Linux, LibreELEC or standard Windows - Kodi Krypton
No Linux 10bit HEVC decode support (needed for 4K) when using NVIDIA Graphics cards.
4K HDR Kodi usage needs ...
Intel Windows 7+ and a Nvidia or AMD GPU with 2GB of VRAM and HEVC hardware decoding + Kodi DSPlayer build (Jarvis or Krypton)
Intel 4K HDR Netflix hardware requirements are listed HERE (click)
Thanks for this feedback, I'll get started on this :-)
You'll likely have issues using an Intel iGPU with madVR and you can't auto-switch to HDR without an AMD or Nvidia GPU. Better to look at other Kodi boxes that are more reasonable in price. Lots of experience here with DSPlayer.
I'm holding off buying a new NUC until all these HDR issues are resolved and 'it just works' Smile
(2018-07-12, 10:07)jools5000 Wrote: I'm holding off buying a new NUC until all these HDR issues are resolved and 'it just works' Smile
 You could be waiting a long time. Windows hasn't indicated any official support for HDR auto switching in the next year. Linux might be a better hope. Building a small HTPC for the cost of the NUC with the ability to upgrade is an option. The NUC is overpriced for what it does. But you would be stuck with using external players that support madVR or DSPlayer, which has no active developer. Not much better, but the only option for the impatient.
According to this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2746009 the team is working on HDR passthrough in Kodi without madvr or other external programs. I really hope that it will be included in v18.
When I say NUC I've been looking at the Gigabyte brix.  They've got some reasonable units with 8th gen CPUs that look like they would work well and they're a lot cheaper than a NUC

I dont really want to make a new investment like this until HDR switching is working properly.  For the small amount of HDR content I have I just direct play on the TV via the built in Plex app for now.
(2018-07-14, 21:52)jools5000 Wrote: When I say NUC I've been looking at the Gigabyte brix.  They've got some reasonable units with 8th gen CPUs that look like they would work well and they're a lot cheaper than a NUC

I dont really want to make a new investment like this until HDR switching is working properly.  For the small amount of HDR content I have I just direct play on the TV via the built in Plex app for now.

I use autohotkey for automatic mouse switch hdr in desktop windows
Can you provide your AutoHotKey script? I'd like to share it if it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR content0