Solved Interface is zoomed in during video playback
I reinstalled Kodi on my old server box today, haven't used it on windows for a few years now.

My TV is in PC mode, there is no scaling on the desktop or pottering around the Kodi interface. Or scaling options are off that I can see. Zoom is at default. Video calibration is at 0.

I've spent hours digging around settings and everything looks normal. I've tried video acceleration off and on, I've updated Nvidia drivers. Nvidia is also set to not scale, and let the display handle it.

The problem starts when I play any video file, I lose a bit of the interface at that point. And the video doesn't seem as sharp as it should be, so assuming the video is also zoomed.

I took a photo to show what I mean:

I've read a great number of threads on the subject but nothing has helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: if I disable adjust display refresh rate the zooming is fixed but the video is no longer smooth and as clear.
It looks like your TV is still not in 'PC' mode, and that overscan is still active. I suggest you re-examine your TV's manual.
Which exact TV do you have?
It's in PC mode, but once any video playback starts in Kodi, it seems to drop out of PC mode. I can see this because the screen goes black for a second like it's changing resolution, then more picture options are present in the TV picture settings which aren't present in PC mode like Dynamic etc.

The TV is Samsung UE55H7000

In the interface PC mode works fine:

I seem to have fixed the issue by selecting fit to screen in TV picture settings, while video playback is active. The strange thing is, this options is not available while Kodi is running apart from when a video is actually playing.
Every TV can have its quirks, but it's good to hear that things are fine now.
Thread marked solved.
Sounds normal to me, the interface is probably running at either 50 or 60Hz then when you play something with adjust refresh rate enabled it probably switches to 24 or 30Hz, and your TV may well store settings dependant on what is being displayed, so it might need to be configured for each resolution/refresh rate you play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interface is zoomed in during video playback0