Loading SD card backups
I've got a backup of a perfectly customised and functioning Rpi2 LibreElec Kodi setup. I built a Rpi2 exactly like mine and sent it to my parents when both systems were on OpenElec. They have it set up just like me.
I would imagine, if I take this backup I made and send them a microsd with that image restored onto it, they should be able to pop it in and have it work, right?

I'm doing this by the way because their current card appears to be corrupted not just as a fun experiment.

Thanks for any help!
Probably. If you purchased codec licences you will want to add the licences for your parents RPi2 to the new SD card. Presumably you're using DHCP in both locations, so IP addresses shouldn't be an issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It should do yes, although of course it will be a clone of yours rather than theirs (for stuff like watch history and favourites) unless you've used add-ons or other methods to store that in the cloud.

The actual network and license items may need work though depending on what you have and how it's set up.

Edited - ninja'd by Milhouse
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks guys. I flashed the backup to the new microsd, ran it in my rpi2 and it worked fine.
I don't know why Win32DiskImager wouldn't see my image until I noticed that the image didn't have an IMG extension. And the program is set to look for IMG files. But it loaded fine anyway.
Thanks for the help!

One thing I don't understand is: the backup tar done from within Kodi, how are you supposed to read that if you have to be presently running Kodi when you load it? Are you meant to FTP that tar over?
(2018-07-13, 02:55)tinpanalley Wrote: One thing I don't understand is: the backup tar done from within Kodi, how are you supposed to read that if you have to be presently running Kodi when you load it? Are you meant to FTP that tar over?

Or use Samba, as the backup file will be in the Backup Samba share. The idea would be to create the backup of your current installation then copy it off the device to somewhere safe. If you are reinstalling from scratch then write a new image to the device, boot the device and then restore the backup to the device from within Kodi. You can copy the backup back to the Backup Samba share and then restore the backup, or you can select the location of the backup file and restore across your network or from a share assuming either is accessible by the LibreELEC device.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading SD card backups0