Poster scraping issue and 16:9 aspect ratios showing as 11:4
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of rescraping my files as I selected new ones using Media Center Master and I'm having an issue getting Kodi to use the poster.jpg file for all my movies.  When I refresh my library in Kodi, instead of using the poster.jpg file that has the correct artwork, it's pulling the poster from the NFO created by Media Center Master which is wrong.  I verified this by manually changing the URL in the NFO which caused Kodi to grab the correct poster artwork.  I found this odd because the wiki makes it sound like Kodi should always be using the poster.jpg file for the poster artwork.

For file layout, I have a folder for all my movies (N:\Movies) with each movie in it's own folder (N:\Movies\MovieTitle).  All files relating to the movie are then stored in the MovieTitle folder.  Using the movie 300 as an example, the poster for 300 would be found at N:\Movies\300 (2006)\poster.jpg

I could go into every NFO file stored on my NAS and manually adjust the URL, but I'm wondering if there is something I can add to my advancedsettings.xml file to tell Kodi to use the poster.jpg file for poster artwork?  I'll post my advancedsettings.xml in the next post so you can see how it is setup.  If I do need change something, could you please explain what I need to type in and where it should go since I'm not well-versed on creating xml files. 

One other question, I noticed that for all my movies that are in a 16:9 aspect ratio, Kodi's info screen lists them as 11:4.  A check of the metadata shows the aspect ratio as 16:9, so I'm wondering if this might be a settings issue with my Kodi or my skin?  (I'm using Aeon Nox 5)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Advancedsettings.xml:  (I removed the IP address info from this post)

<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.---</host>
    <port>3307</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase> 
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.---</host>
    <port>3307</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Hello @Revec

Something does not sound right. You are correct in thinking that Kodi should use local artwork first. And that is what should be happening.

This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the file naming or folder structure (though the example above seems ok).

Have you read the Artwork (wiki) wiki page to ensure correct naming and placement?

If you are still unsure, supply the following...

1. Screenshot of one of your movie folders that clearly captures the address bar and the contents of the movie folder
2. Debug Log that captures you trying to scrape one of the movies that won't pick up the correct artwork. Even if you have to remove a movie from the library first.

There are no advancedsettings.xml tags that can do what you are wanting.

As for your second question, while creating the above Debug Log, also play the movie with the incorrect Aspect Ratio. Let it play for about 10 seconds
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen,

Thank you for the quick reply!  I reread the wiki again and I think my folder structure is okay.  However, since I'm not 100% sure, I have added the debug log and screenshot.  The log should show me removing 300 from the library and then adding it back to the library.  I also ran the movie for 10 seconds since it has the 11:4 problem.  Just so you know, I ran the movie twice since the laptop I use for testing Kodi is connected via wifi and apparently some network congestion caused the movie to freeze playback temporarily.  (I normally use a hardwired Nvidia Shield and Xbox One X when I want to watch one of my movies in Kodi.)  It ran fine the second time.

URL for debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/equwunoqar

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/image/iq08ufof5/

Thanks again for taking the time to help!
Thanks for the info.

That screenshot looks a bit weird. Is that how you see it on your computer? A few files in there that are named wrong, but the more important poster and fanart are correct. I don't know what movie.xml is supposed to be, and Kodi does not use backdrop. Extra fanart is named fanart1 - fanart9 and saved in an extrafanart folder.

A bit hard to follow the log with all the MySQL spam entries. You must have enabled component logging which we ask you don't do unless specifically requested. But I can see the fanart being cached from the local folder and the Poster is coming from online and I cannot see why. If it found the fanart, it should also find the poster sitting right next to it. Is the local poster a valid image- can you open it and view it?

Kodi has correctly identified the video stream as 1920x1080, so I can't see why it is indicating differently on the library page. Which skin are you using?
cpp:
Stream #0:0(eng): Video: vc1 (Advanced) (WVC1 / 0x31435657), yuv420p(bt709), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-13, 12:30)Karellen Wrote: That screenshot looks a bit weird. Is that how you see it on your computer? A few files in there that are named wrong, but the more important poster and fanart are correct.
Are they? Isn't local art supposed to be videofile.name-poster.ext?
In that case:
300 (2006)-poster &
300 (2006)-fanart

Edit: at least that's what they're like when you export your library into separate files through kodi.

Edit2: well, according to the wiki
(https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Fanart &
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Poster)
plain poster and fanart should work too, if movies are in separate folders (and I assume the relevant setting on source's settings enabled).
I do apologize for the additional logging.  I must have turned it on by accident or that particular setting is on by default.  I am using Aeon Nox (Version 6.1.0) as my skin.  The only other add-on I have downloaded for Kodi is the extras add-on, although Aeon Nox installs a few things when you download it.  

Quote: :plain poster and fanart should work too, if movies are in separate folders (and I assume the relevant setting on source's settings enabled)"
Here is a screenshot of the source settings I use for movies:

https://s8.postimg.cc/jxsfb6uh1/Set_Content_screen.png

Yes, this is how I see my files on my PC.  The movie.xml file is added by Media Center Master when it fetches a movie.  It contains the metadata in a format that is practically identical to the NFO.  I'm 99.9% sure it's used by Media Center Master to generate the NFO for Kodi.  The backdrop files are additional fanart that Media Center Master adds when fetching metadata for a movie.  They are not poster artwork.   Media Center Master has you select which backdrop you want to use for fanart and then creates the fanart.jpg file based on that selection.

I can view the poster.jpg locally.  Here is a screenshot showing it open in windows photo on my laptop:

https://s8.postimg.cc/nepw0nh2t/poster.jpg_file.png

Regarding the 11:4 aspect ratio, when I went to take a screenshot of Kodi this morning to show the info screen for 300, I noticed that the aspect ratio was fixed, but VC-1 was now missing from the info screen.  Just to test, I opened another movie, verified it still had 11:4 as the aspect ratio and played it for about 5 seconds.  When I checked the info screen again, the aspect ratio was correctly identified as 16:9.  Hitting the refresh button in the Kodi info screen reverted the aspect ratio back to 11:4.

Screenshot of Kodi info screen. Fixed aspect ratio, missing VC-1:

https://s8.postimg.cc/pjeuf75fp/Kodi_inf...poster.png

Screenshot of Kodi info screen after hitting the refresh button.  Wrong aspect ratio, VC-1 is back:

https://postimg.cc/image/m12uiswtt/

Very strange.  Anything else you would like for me to try?
@host505
Something that users don't realise, there are a couple of methods of artwork naming... and it depends on your folder/file structure. Members get so caught up using one particular structure in their own system, that they forget that their way is not the only way, and the artwork naming has to be a little bit flexible. You have...

1. DVD and Bluray folders- uses simple artwork naming- poster, fanart etc
2. All movie files in one folder- must use extended naming- <filename>-poster, <filename>-fanart, etc
3. Movie files in movie folders- can use either of the above methods.

@Revec
Can you post the nfo file to pastebin. The nfo file shouldn't make a difference because the kodi scanner is supposed to read the metadata of the video file and save the stream details. But I don't see that in your log so I am interested in what the nfo has saved for the stream details. Your last two images somewhat confirm the video file is not being polled for details as the skin is picking up the vc1 format, then it is removed once the file is read by kodi. I think it is a MySQL issue, which I don't have knowledge of.

Can you also remove the 300 (2006) movie from your library, remove the nfo and xml file out of the folder, and re-scrape the movie back into Kodi. Is there any difference?
My Signature
(2018-07-13, 22:56)Karellen Wrote: @host505
Something that users don't realise, there are a couple of methods of artwork naming... and it depends on your folder/file structure. Members get so caught up using one particular structure in their own system, that they forget that their way is not the only way, and the artwork naming has to be a little bit flexible. You have...

1. DVD and Bluray folders- uses simple artwork naming- poster, fanart etc
2. All movie files in one folder- must use extended naming- <filename>-poster, <filename>-fanart, etc
3. Movie files in movie folders- can use either of the above methods.
 Yeah, that's basically what I said on my 2nd edit above.

@Revec, according to a screenshot you posted, your source doesn't have "Movies are in seperate folders" enabled, maybe that's why plain poster, fanart aren't working.
@host505

Yes agree. It wasn't meant to contradict you, just confirm what you said. Great that you used the wiki also, as so many members don't.
My Signature
@host505 

A little progress - enabling the setting you suggested and running update library still made my library appear the same way.  However, going into the info screen and and clicking the refresh button now loads the poster.  The aspect ratio is still wrong.

@Karellen 

As requested, I removed 300 from the library and removed the nfo and xml file out of the folder.  I also removed the backdrops.  When I tried to rescan 300 to the library, Kodi asks me to enter the movie name.  Clicking done just causes the prompt to reappear and I was unable to figure out what to enter to get the movie to scan.  I tried it with and without the source setting change host505 suggested with no success.  See screenshot:

https://s8.postimg.cc/ousoaq46d/300_resc...enshot.png

Here is the link to my NFO:

https://pastebin.com/pR3HZrnh
Which scraper do you have active for your source? I had no problem scraping the movie.

Go to Videos>Files. Highlight your source and call up the Context Menu. Select Set Content or Change Content the check you have The MovieDB set and not Local Info Only.

Also leave that setting that @host505 mentioned enabled. That is how your library is structured, so it should be enabled.

The stream details in the nfo look correct.

I can't see what the cause of the problem is with the wrong flags
My Signature
Doh - I should have realized that I would need to change the source from local if I removed the NFO.  Without the NFO, the movie scrapes with the correct poster, but the aspect ratio still appears as 11:4.
Sorry but I cannot see where the 11:4 Aspect Ratio is coming from. According to your log at line 1189 it is being recognised correctly...

cpp:
Mysql execute: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strVideoCodec, fVideoAspect, iVideoWidth, iVideoHeight, iVideoDuration, strStereoMode, strVideoLanguage) VALUES (3285,0,'vc-1',16.000000,1920,1080,7020,'','eng')
Mysql execute: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strAudioCodec, iAudioChannels, strAudioLanguage) VALUES (3285,1,'truehd',5,'')

If you change skins to, say, Estuary does it still show the wrong flag?
My Signature
Yes, the information also shows up wrong in Estuary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster scraping issue and 16:9 aspect ratios showing as 11:40