Solved TV Series/EP correct in tMM but Kodi thinks everything is S01/EP
First off, sorry if this is a Kodi issue and wrong part of the forum.
I've been used tMM for about 20 TV series and it's been faultless.  Kodi is set to nfo-mode on all drive locations.

I've added a new tv series that has 3 series.  In tMM the season tree on the left is correct (S01-S03) and looking at each EP also looks ok.
But in Kodi I have 3x S01E01 and so on.
Weirdly the episode number is displayed in title e.g.
1x05. The Bed Of Nails

I enabled debug in kodi, removed/re-added the show to my library but couldn't see anything about individual EP in kodi.log  Only the main tv show itself was present (and nothing useful to my untrained eye).
I'm hoping one of you experts has come across this issue before.  I hope you can help.

Code:
D:\_movie-d\tv-d\Yes.Minister\S03>dir "*The Bed of Nails*"
 Volume in drive D is 3000-main
 Volume Serial Number is AC2B-F343

Directory of D:\_movie-d\tv-d\Yes.Minister\S03

09/07/2018  16:14            25,300 Yes Minister S03 EP05 The Bed of Nails-thumb.jpg
29/11/2006  18:25       484,730,880 Yes Minister S03 EP05 The Bed of Nails.avi
09/07/2018  16:14             1,318 Yes Minister S03 EP05 The Bed of Nails.nfo
               3 File(s)    484,757,498 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  2,751,873,536,000 bytes free

D:\_movie-d\tv-d\Yes.Minister\S03>type "Yes Minister S03 EP05 The Bed of Nails.nfo"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- created on 2018-07-09 16:14:00 - tinyMediaManager 2.9.12 -->
<episodedetails>
    <title>The Bed Of Nails</title>
    <showtitle>Yes Minister</showtitle>
    <rating>8.0</rating>
    <votes>3</votes>
    <season>3</season>
    <episode>5</episode>
    <uniqueid>216923</uniqueid>
    <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
    <plot>Jim accepts an unpopular position pushing a transportation bill desired by No 10, but opposed by everyone else.</plot>
(2018-07-13, 11:26)shaggydo Wrote: I enabled debug in kodi, removed/re-added the show to my library but couldn't see anything about individual EP in kodi.log
Post the log and we may be able to help. Use https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and provide the link.

Also the link to the TV Show at TVDB
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Logs and TVDB links:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/RRXGvrpbHq/
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/yes-prime-minister
The log is much easier to read in the pastebin.
I can see Kodi is detecting the wrong series number, I assume the cause of my issue.  I'm confused though as I would have thought the contents in the nfo file would have been used instead?

11:54:43.574 T:139911501956800 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://192.168.1.30/_movie-d/tv-d/Yes.Minister/S03/Yes Minister S03 EP08 Party Games.avi (s1e8) [[\._ -]()e(?:p[ ._-]?)?([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
The problem is file naming.

Firstly, the TV Show is named Yes, Prime Minister but you have Yes Minister. As you are using NFO Files, this can be overlooked.

You have your episodes named as Yes Minister S03 EP08. The S03 EP08 is not a recognised numbering convention, so Kodi is just defaulting back to Season 1 for each occurrence.

The default formats are here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...e_Episodes and we recommend you use the top level SxxEyy convention.

Episode numbering must be correct as the scanner reads the season/episode combination from the filename not the nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for clarifying where Kodi obtains Series/Episode names.
I actually had both shows by the way - with similar issues.

Renamed files, I'm sure it will be fine now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Series/EP correct in tMM but Kodi thinks everything is S01/EP0