v18 live tv - counters causing poblems
Noticed that, when watching TV streams as they are being recorded, the counters only indicate the time already being recorded but don't reflect the file growing as recording progresses. I now know that a .TS file is being produced so for it to allow to "grow". Behaviour is that when I start watching the recording I get to see a timeline based on what has been recorded so far. When reaching the end things don't stop - it keeps on showing the stream as per normal. Forward Skipping when the "end" has been reached however isn't really possible - all it allows me t do is 6 or 7 seconds - but the amount it actually skips seems to vary.

If I stop the playback and try to resume two things happen. First there is no resume - most likely as Kodi "thinks" it was at the end of the recording and therefore shows the "watched" indicator. When I then forward things seem to be OK - be it that it now shows a timeline with what is recorded till that moment. That allows me to skip until once again i reach the "end".

No such problems once recording is completed - be it that sometimes the forward skip messes up causing the pointer to go back to the beginning of the recording

let me know if you need logs or anything.

thnx

running v18 nightly on oreo shield - ethernet connected to a win7 based MCE host.
It is a known issue and there are a few posts regarding it, but this is the first one that came up in a quick search... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282357
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-14, 05:32)Karellen Wrote: It is a known issue and there are a few posts regarding it, but this is the first one that came up in a quick search... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282357
Known issue to Leia or to Oreo?? I'm pretty sure I don't see that behavior on my 17.6 installations that run MM or Nougat. They show a timeline the length of the entire schedule recording and forward skipping is in the usual 30 secs intervals until you "catch up" with the real time recording... Never tested a 17.6 - Oreo combination so cannot tell if a downgrade to 17.6 on Oreo would fix it??

thnx
This is an issue with kodi, but I found a hack a while back to get around it that works with the ts file generation that swmc uses for active recordings.  Basically pvr.wmc catches when kodi tries to probe for the length of the ts file at the start of playback, when this happens pvr.wmc tricks kodi by returning the length of what the ts file will be according to guide data and not what the length of the file actually is.  Maybe this hack is no longer working.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2018-07-14, 18:56)krustyreturns Wrote: This is an issue with kodi, but I found a hack a while back to get around it that works with the ts file generation that swmc uses for active recordings.  Basically pvr.wmc catches when kodi tries to probe for the length of the ts file at the start of playback, when this happens pvr.wmc tricks kodi by returning the length of what the ts file will be according to guide data and not what the length of the file actually is.  Maybe this hack is no longer working.
 That would exactly explain the behaviour. still works on 17.6 with MM/Nougat - doesn't on 18. Kodi might be using a different method to get the file length?? On 18 the playback - while still recording - doesn't stop however, just keeps on playing. It seems it queries when opening navigation - showing 6-7 seconds left in the file. Fingers x-ed you can, and are willing to, have a look into this and rejig the hack??

thnx
Yeah, it might be that in kodi18 the hack is no longer needed (ever hopeful).  My summer continues to be crazy, but I should be able to get to it in a few weeks.  Until then, can't you just run kodi17?
waiting patiently ;-)
Thanks.  Just to set expectations, I'm not sure - even if I got the addon changed - whether its too late for them to build it into kodi18.  Also if there are any coders out there who would like to do it I'd help as my time permits.
something changed in latest daily. When playing a file being recorded it now grabs the length of what was recorded so far and sticks with that. Doesn't grow - doesn't show two timelines. Playback continues when reached end - and fast forward works as well. Skip forward however always brings it back to the point the end was originally set when playback was started. Unfortunately when at the end (or past the "end") and stopped it doesn't write the restart point so when doing a stop and play it starts from the beginning...

Bit more usable now - but not great yet. WAF suffering ;-)
(2018-08-26, 04:15)cdvreede Wrote: something changed in latest daily. When playing a file being recorded it now grabs the length of what was recorded so far and sticks with that. Doesn't grow - doesn't show two timelines. Playback continues when reached end - and fast forward works as well. Skip forward however always brings it back to the point the end was originally set when playback was started. Unfortunately when at the end (or past the "end") and stopped it doesn't write the restart point so when doing a stop and play it starts from the beginning...

Bit more usable now - but not great yet. WAF suffering ;-)

The add-on needs to implement the GetStreamTimes PVR add-on API function to make this work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live tv - counters causing poblems0