Local album covers
Running Kodi 18 on an Intel NUC, running LE

All data is stored on a server using samba to share folders.

My question is how can I use the cover art from the existing folders , There does not seem to be a "use image from local folder"

and on the artwork options - manual configure option you cannot browse to the  remote folder

and when you exit the config screen Kodi just restarts

using Estuary MOD V2 and standard Estuary skins
Since it changes every day, what build are you running of v18 ?

Correctly located and named album cover art will be picked up automatically when the music files are scanned into the music library. You can also set the name of the image file too, "folder.jpg" is default.

Quote:and when you exit the config screen Kodi just restarts
What config screen? Need more to go on please.
hi thanks for the reply.

I am running Kodi  build Git:9dd23cb - Apr 7 2018

I have tried the GitHub  link from the Kodi link but can't find anything  do you have a link please

When I  go into the context menu and choose Artwork options > Manual configure artwork > the cover shows on he thumb and when i hit Ok kodi restarts

Music Folder set up as artist - album with each album in a folder with a folder.jpg file included
(2018-07-15, 13:15)Old Fart Wrote: I have tried the GitHub  link from the Kodi link but can't find anything  do you have a link please
Sorry but I have no idea what link you are asking for.
(2018-07-15, 13:15)Old Fart Wrote: When I  go into the context menu and choose Artwork options > Manual configure artwork > the cover shows on he thumb and when i hit Ok kodi restarts
I don't recognise those menu items so I guess must be skin specific, and you could be having a skin problem. Change to Estuary or Confluence and see if you can select album art from the Album Information dialog (from context menu on albums list).

From the date you are using a 3 month old pre-release thus experimental build (TBH I don't recognise the SHA, you mention LE is that a Millhouse build?). Anyway I also suggest you update to something more recent.
(2018-07-15, 13:15)Old Fart Wrote: Music Folder set up as artist - album with each album in a folder with a folder.jpg file included
That sounds fine, if they were there when the music files were added to the music library then they will be picked up during initial scan.  

But I feel like I am not fully understanding you, or that some vital piece of information is missing, do try to say more about what you have and want so the we can help you. A debug log (link) or screen shots may help.
(2018-07-14, 19:01)Old Fart Wrote: and on the artwork options - manual configure option you cannot browse to the  remote folder

You need to add the source using file manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local album covers0