Kodi Xbox One external USB drive issue
I'm trying to use a 1tb external USB3 drive (set up as media storage) with my xbox one.

When I go in to Movies, I can see "USB-Drive ( D: )" and I can play them directly from the list displayed, but when I go to "add videos" (to the library) "USB-Drive"  is not listed so i can't add to library. Is there any way to add this to the list?

Secondly the display is too big, I've tried different resolutions but it is always a few characters of the menu off screen. Any ideas?
Moved to UWP
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
SOLVED:  Go into MOVIES, select ADD at the bottom, when the main pane comes up select the empty name box at the top (Not the side options).

Here type

win-lib://removable/D/folder name  

("folder name" being the name of the folder on your external drive with the movies in)

The name at the bottom of the box will be the same name as your movie folder, click OK

Then another box will appear. Here tell it that it's a movie folder, click on "film is in separate folders"  (if they are)

Click OK

Then it will scan and update your library.

Do the same for TV Shows and you are in business!
Thanks for the workaround, but why isn't that folder listed when I browse?  Why must I manually memorize something like that?
the right path is :

win-lib://removable/D://<folder name>

(with the double // )
(2018-07-15, 15:17)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: SOLVED:  Go into MOVIES, select ADD at the bottom, when the main pane comes up select the empty name box at the top (Not the side options).

Here type

("folder name" being the name of the folder on your external drive with the movies in)

The name at the bottom of the box will be the same name as your movie folder, click OK

Then another box will appear. Here tell it that it's a movie folder, click on "film is in separate folders"  (if they are)

Click OK

I am having the same problem you described. I tried your fix but it said "Unable to connect. Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?" So I hit yes to add anyway and well nothing happened. Followed through with whatever prompts it came up with but end result was still the same.
(2021-11-02, 16:07)megapowers Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 15:17)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: SOLVED:  Go into MOVIES, select ADD at the bottom, when the main pane comes up select the empty name box at the top (Not the side options).

Here type

Click OK

I am having the same problem you described. I tried your fix but it said "Unable to connect. Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?" So I hit yes to add anyway and well nothing happened. Followed through with whatever prompts it came up with but end result was still the same.
Switch usb ports on the xbox one and if you have original xbox one only the port next to the controller sync is usb3 compatible

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Xbox One external USB drive issue0