Req How to set up Chorus to play DVDs?
I've got Kodi 18 and Chorus 2.4.4 on an Ubuntu server box.

If I want to play a DVD in the optical drive, how can I do this through Chorus?

It looks like I need(?) to add a menu item, but the details are unclear.

Thanks in advance!
Hi mrob,

i think with the Json/rpc interface it's not possible. I had a look at it (https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6) and could only find an Eject drive.
in case you find a way with json/rpc. in your chorus version (i have the same) you can press the three dot's button down-rigt and there go to "The lab" -> "API Browser". there you could fire request.

good luck

tuxi
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
hey me again,

in the settings you can turn on that DVD's get played automatically (default is off). maybe this helps as a workaround. It's in the playback sections -> Discs (if i translated right, i have it in german...)
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hi, thanks for your message.

I saw that setting for playing DVDs automatically, but I was wondering if any more control were possible.

If I understand you correctly, Kodi would need to provide some JSON/RPC functions for controlling the optical drive, and then Chorus would need to be modified to have a button or menu pick to actually call them. Is that right? Does Chorus drive Kodi entirely by making calls through this API?

I notice a number of other problems with Chorus (e.g., the music player) and I'm wondering if Kodi v18 introduced changes to the JSON/RPC API which have broken Chorus.

I tried looking at the GitHub repo but it seems that Chorus 2 hasn't been updated in a while. I also couldn't find much documentation on it (e.g., is the web API for Chorus documented anywhere??). This has me a bit worried, tbh.
>I saw that setting for playing DVDs automatically, but I was wondering if any more control were possible.
well at least i think so. you can open the dvd tray: goto the API Browser i mentioned before and type in search "system.ejectopticaldrive" and in the params field simply put []. 

>If I understand you correctly, Kodi would need to provide some JSON/RPC functions for controlling the optical drive, and then Chorus would need
>to be modified to have a button or menu pick to actually call them.
>Is that right? Does Chorus drive Kodi entirely by making calls through this API?
Yes that is right afaik. i case there would be an api call which works for you, you also could make a very simple page yourself which does only that. or you could fire it with a simple command from the shell. best solution would be to implement it to chorus yourself and commit it to the project. give the project is still maintained.

>I notice a number of other problems with Chorus (e.g., the music player) and I'm wondering if Kodi v18 introduced changes
>to the JSON/RPC API which have broken Chorus.
i don't know, i don't actually use chorus... sorry. but yes, there is a new API but i did not read into changes. Here you can find information about that: https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API

>I tried looking at the GitHub repo but it seems that Chorus 2 hasn't been updated in a while.
>I also couldn't find much documentation on it (e.g., is the web API for Chorus documented anywhere??). This has me a bit worried, tbh.
i don't know about that either sorry.
I tried the API browser and it works to eject a DVD, thanks.

To change Chorus, I think I would need more documentation, or maybe somebody (?) else on this forum who's tweaked it has some ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set up Chorus to play DVDs?0