json switch back to previous addon etc.
Hi All,

I have integrated my Kodi into the house automation (openhab).  I have the following scenario:

Someone rings the door, I stop the Kodi Player and switch to the camera of the front door like this:
json:
http://kodi:[email protected]:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":"2", "method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon",
"params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.surveillanceroom", "params":{"action":"single_camera", "camera_number":"1"}}}

Now I want so switch back to the previously showing addon.  So here are my questions:
  • Is there an easy way via jsonrpc to switch back to the previous addon showing?
  • If not I guess I have to remember everything, like current addon, parameters like playing/paused, current time etc.
    As those may vary per addon it does not seem as simple to me.  Maybe someone already has a similar solution?
  • What about timeshift?  If I'm currently watching TV and if I'm in a timeshift, will I loose the previous timeshift recording or is there a way to preserve it?
I appreciate any kind of help and hints.  Thanks a lot in advance
 Karl
Hi, did you get any news?
    I'm doing the same as you. I pause the movie and play a camera PIP. However, I do not like it to leave the movie and go to the addon screen .... I would like to only display the PIP over the playing movie
Hi,

no, no feedback yet.  Didn't find a solution yet.  As of now I was busy in other projects.  If you find one please be so kind and share them with us.  As I will once I find the time.

Thanks
 Karl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
json switch back to previous addon etc.0