Kodi fails to indicate new show listings but Nextpvr does show new listings
Previously I used a script to grab TV Guide data using XMLTV. The script instructed a * to be placed to indicate new shows.  I recently switched to Schedule Direct to obtain my EPG data.  In NextPVR I selected highlight NEW shows in TV Guide grid.  New shows are indicated in NextPVR TV grid but not Kodi.  Kodi is set up to accept the settings of the backend (Nextpvr).  I didn't have to change any of my scheduled recordings because it's set to record everything (new or old episodes).  What am I missing?
(2018-07-16, 15:07)jackiebutler Wrote: Previously I used a script to grab TV Guide data using XMLTV. The script instructed a * to be placed to indicate new shows.  I recently switched to Schedule Direct to obtain my EPG data.  In NextPVR I selected highlight NEW shows in TV Guide grid.  New shows are indicated in NextPVR TV grid but not Kodi.  Kodi is set up to accept the settings of the backend (Nextpvr).  I didn't have to change any of my scheduled recordings because it's set to record everything (new or old episodes).  What am I missing?
 Technically you aren't missing anything.  While Kodi and NextPVR share the same guide data, how that data is displayed is up to the individual programs.  So where NextPVR has an option to highlight new TV shows in the guide grid, Kodi does not (or at least the default Kodi skin, Estuary, does not).  It's possible there are skins out there that show that, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi fails to indicate new show listings but Nextpvr does show new listings0