Solved Kodi and NFS for Dummies.
yeah im considering getting that cause this is unique....based on those screen shots though.....what am i currently doing wrong? i'd love to have this set up today
Your exports file... Try 0 instead of 190 value: 10.0.0.0/24
And use "exportfs -a" again, and restart the nfs-kernel-server service.
Ok, 

here are some updated screen shots.....kodi is now saying that it's unable to connect....interesting thing is now when i select "add file" and the NFS option....i see the 10.0.0.190 ip there.....but its still unable to locate anything on there

https://imgur.com/a/YrtSgyG

p.s.  don't worry about that restart nfs command....that was a mistype i managed to restart it correctly.....i think
First of all... Screenshots of terminal output are a bit clumsy. You cannot copy/paste any text of them.
So, install pastebinit to output your text stuff: sudo apt install pastebinit
Next time, use:
pastebinit /etc/fstab and/or
pastebinit /etc/exports
Now you can paste the URLs into the forum (or wherever you need them).

Let's make an easier mount for your HDD. The current uuid probably means that your 2 TB HDD has an empty volume label, and thus Linux uses the UUID instead.
Create a mount point on your Ubuntu 'server':
sudo mkdir -p /mnt/2tb_disk

Open your fstab file in the nano editor
sudo nano /etc/fstab
then add the following:
Code:
# 2.0 TB DISK
UUID="ed5907e7-7438-4495-8f99-36154a022e93" /mnt/2tb_disk ext4 defaults 0 0
Mount the 2TB disk via
sudo mount -a
If the output shows no errors, your 2TB drive should now be auto-mounted on every boot.

Next, edit the /etc/exports file
sudo nano /etc/fstab
and put in:
Code:
/mnt/2tb_disk 10.0.0.0/24(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)
And again:
sudo exportfs -a
sudo service nfs-kernel-server restart

Hopefully Kodi sees the new drive and its subfolders now.
ok i'll try that as soon as i get home tonight, man if i get this to work i'll name my first born after you.......he's 13 so I hope he doesn't mind ;-)
Lilttle Koljum and I are very grateful my very dear and patient friend....it worked....thank you honestly!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and NFS for Dummies.0