No Web Browser - Why?
This is not a bashing question more of a lack of understanding on the platform. I love Kodi been using since early xbmc days but never really looked under the hood to get better at it and build some things. I am starting to now but one thing that would have always been a huge benefit to me would be able to render html inside Kodi direct vs launching a browser outside the application direct. I am just wondering why an object viewer for HTML rendering could not be created as an addon. I have read many threads on this topic so I know there is an underlying reason, but never saw the reason. Is there a way to build this or can someone explain the reason this can't be done? 

Sorry I know this is a noob question and I did do alot of searching trying to piece it together. Just love the platform and this would really help complete the package for me.
Hi,

i think you are in the wrong subforum for this question. Here it's not about browsers, it's about web interfaces. The users, as well as the add-on developers may be not that much into this kind of questions. i am as well not sure where to place it better. sorry.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Agree with tuxfuxch.

What about the general Add-on Support forum? That would reach a wide audience of people who know about add-ons, which is what this sounds like.
Let me know where you want it moved to and I am happy to oblige.

Maybe Feature Request?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
this has been asked and asnwered before, please search the forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Web Browser - Why?0