Running Library Update changes my watched flags
I have a shared mysql database setup on Kodi 17.6.

I recently started using tinymediamanager and let it rescan my folders and create .nfo files in my movie folders. (Each movie is in its own folder)

I went through and set the watched flags in tinymediamanager and I could see these were updated within the .nfo files.

I changed my source to use 'local information only' and it all updated perfectly. I have 66 unwatched movies.

The problem is now that if I run Update Library, as usual it says looking for new content, but at the end of it it changes my Unwatched List such that I have one (1) unwatched movie! (After I restart Kodi)

If I repeat the process by changing the source to a normal scraper and back to local info only, all my unwatched movie flags are correct again. I just cannot use Update Library anymore. I can't make any sense of it.

I have tried this on a RPi running Libreelec and also a Windows 10 PC running native Kodi for Windows - result is the same. Maybe I have a DB issue?  Not sure..... 

I am tending towards deleting all the files created by TMM and starting again but thought I would ask first, just in case there are any thoughts.

Edit: I just checked the PlayCount field in the Kodi db and they are correct - there are 66 showing as unplayed
Read Section 2 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, I already have those settings which are working.  The same thing happened when I did that export/import. The import actually works fine, but next time I run a Update Library the described behaviour still occurs.

The database actually has the correct watched flags in it.
Can you provide a Debug Log which captures the Refresh problem thanks.

As you are using MySQL, it is a bit out of my territory, but I can look for anything obvious.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen.

I am going to redo the setup from scratch and see how I go. If it's still there after that I will do the log. I will not involve the tinyMediaManager watched flag in it this time and see how we go.
Can you look in the nfo file and copy the watched tag here. Maybe it is not correct.

The correct way to mark it watched is with the following. And IIRC it is the Playcount that marks it watched.
cpp:
<playcount>1</playcount>
<lastplayed>2016-10-23</lastplayed>
My Signature
Thanks for the idea. It was useful as I used those fields to monitor changes a bit.

The flags are written correctly in the nfo files.  I think I have found the answer.........  I had a Trakt addon on there that may have been pulling down the incorrect watched status from Trakt to Kodi.  This would be why sometimes it's fine until I restart the device. (Running at start up)

I ran this Addon and suddenly my unwatched items went from 55 to 4.

Just giving it another rebuild now......  I hope that is what it is!  I have uninstalled it  and also the watchedlist backup addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running Library Update changes my watched flags0