• 5(current)
v18 Timeshift and NextPVR on the latest Nightlies
(2018-12-29, 20:31)mikeb8591 Wrote:   Hmm. GetStreamTimes() isn't how it's _supposed_ to determine timeshift capability, but I'll take another look.  Here's from the "docs" (the .h file from Kodi)

Other pvr addons do seem to link it,.
Quote:and DummyBuffer already returns false for these.

From what I read it returns PVR_ERROR_NO_ERROR (from Buffer)  pvr-demo returns PVR_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Martin
(2018-12-29, 20:47)emveepee Wrote:
(2018-12-29, 20:31)mikeb8591 Wrote:   Hmm. GetStreamTimes() isn't how it's _supposed_ to determine timeshift capability, but I'll take another look.  Here's from the "docs" (the .h file from Kodi)

Other pvr addons do seem to link it,.
Quote:and DummyBuffer already returns false for these.

From what I read it returns PVR_ERROR_NO_ERROR (from Buffer)  pvr-demo returns PVR_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Martin 

Instead of changing the return, try changing

cpp:

stimes->ptsEnd = time(nullptr) * DVD_TIME_BASE;

cpp:

stimes->ptsEnd = 0

Without changing the return value.

Thanks!
(2018-12-29, 21:26)mikeb8591 Wrote: Instead of changing the return, try changing

cpp:

stimes->ptsEnd = time(nullptr) * DVD_TIME_BASE;
cpp:

stimes->ptsEnd = 0

Without changing the return value.
 Yes that works too.   Now that we have found each other on the NextPVR forums let's talk there.

Edit.  This shows the reason both work  My call returns false yours disables the pts times.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/0978b1...e.cpp#L103

Martin
I just wanted to chime in and say that whatever update was done with v3.3.8 of the addon, timeshifting now works for me on Windows, OSX, and a Vero 4K+ running OSMC on Leia RC4.  Well, by works I mean with timeshift enabled I can actually watch live TV (which I couldn't before).  I haven't done much testing beyond that, but it's a definite improvement.
(2018-12-31, 19:38)pkscout Wrote: I just wanted to chime in and say that whatever update was done with v3.3.8 of the addon, timeshifting now works for me on Windows, OSX, and a Vero 4K+ running OSMC on Leia RC4.  Well, by works I mean with timeshift enabled I can actually watch live TV (which I couldn't before).  I haven't done much testing beyond that, but it's a definite improvement.
Running RC4 on a Windows 8.1 PC with the 3.3.8 NextPVR addon and NextPVR on the same machine; pausing, skipping, and resuming live TV in Kodi is still a risky operation for us. Many times it works, and then sometime it'll just cause a total hang. Unreproducible to order, but the problem occurs much too often to meet the WAF Sad
(2019-01-01, 11:39)davel Wrote: Running RC4 on a Windows 8.1 PC with the 3.3.8 NextPVR addon and NextPVR on the same machine; pausing, skipping, and resuming live TV in Kodi is still a risky operation for us. Many times it works, and then sometime it'll just cause a total hang. Unreproducible to order, but the
problem occurs much too often to meet the WAF Sad
I don't how often I need to repeat but without Kodi debug logs you are just wasting your time and ours posting.  You also need to be using 3.3.9 so watch for that in the nightlies.

Martin
(2019-01-01, 18:13)emveepee Wrote:
(2019-01-01, 11:39)davel Wrote: Running RC4 on a Windows 8.1 PC with the 3.3.8 NextPVR addon and NextPVR on the same machine; pausing, skipping, and resuming live TV in Kodi is still a risky operation for us. Many times it works, and then sometime it'll just cause a total hang. Unreproducible to order, but the
problem occurs much too often to meet the WAF Sad
I don't how often I need to repeat but without Kodi debug logs you are just wasting your time and ours posting.  You also need to be using 3.3.9 so watch for that in the nightlies.

Martin   
I have a debug log, but at 4.24MB it exceeds the maximum length of https://paste.kodi.tv/ but you should be able to get it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao34GzfdBTuihfd2uql0JpkR5qp8QA
All I did was to start watching live TV (BBC1), pause for a minute, then play with skipping forward, backwards a few times randomly, pause. resume, and eventually it never recovered to continue playing. The Kodi UI could still be used until I pressed Stop to halt the video. At that point Kodi locked up.

Any idea when can we expect 3.3.9, and what's changed in it that may resolve these issues?
3.3.9 is still being worked on before release to an RC.  There is a thread open on 3.3.9 on the NextPVR forums https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...n-for-Kodi

Martin
(2019-01-01, 11:39)davel Wrote: Running RC4 on a Windows 8.1 PC with the 3.3.8 NextPVR addon and NextPVR on the same machine; pausing, skipping, and resuming live TV in Kodi is still a risky operation for us. Many times it works, and then sometime it'll just cause a total hang. Unreproducible to order, but the problem occurs much too often to meet the WAF Sad 
 There''s been a flurry of changes the last couple of weeks, 3.3.11 was just released.  Please give that a try, and let us know, it's had a fairly substantial rework of some of the time-housekeeping code that directly affects skipping, pausing and resuming.  Skipping can sometimes still take much longer than it should, but some of that is Kodi's method of requesting multiple (sometimes a quite large number) of seeks to perform one skip operation requested by the user.

Thanks!
(2019-01-09, 03:46)mikeb8591 Wrote:
(2019-01-01, 11:39)davel Wrote: Running RC4 on a Windows 8.1 PC with the 3.3.8 NextPVR addon and NextPVR on the same machine; pausing, skipping, and resuming live TV in Kodi is still a risky operation for us. Many times it works, and then sometime it'll just cause a total hang. Unreproducible to order, but the problem occurs much too often to meet the WAF Sad 
 There''s been a flurry of changes the last couple of weeks, 3.3.11 was just released.  Please give that a try, and let us know, it's had a fairly substantial rework of some of the time-housekeeping code that directly affects skipping, pausing and resuming.  Skipping can sometimes still take much longer than it should, but some of that is Kodi's method of requesting multiple (sometimes a quite large number) of seeks to perform one skip operation requested by the user.

Thanks!      
I was hopeful Mike, but it only took a few minutes to confirm that the problem is still there - reproduced quite easily by pausing live tv for a minute and then playing with skipping back and forward, pausing, starting, skipping.

paste.kodi.tv doesn't seem to be able to handle the 6.6MB log file, so you can find it here on OneDrive along with the Kodi crash report (doesn't show much) and the dmp file which points to an access violation in the crt:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF9DE80F938 (ucrtbase.dll) in kodi_crashlog-18.0-RC4 Git_20181228-14086a7bd3-20190109-181926.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.
(2019-01-09, 21:59)davel Wrote:
(2019-01-09, 03:46)mikeb8591 Wrote:

Thanks!       
I was hopeful Mike, but it only took a few minutes to confirm that the problem is still there - reproduced quite easily by pausing live tv for a minute and then playing with skipping back and forward, pausing, starting, skipping.

paste.kodi.tv doesn't seem to be able to handle the 6.6MB log file, so you can find it here on OneDrive along with the Kodi crash report (doesn't show much) and the dmp file which points to an access violation in the crt:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF9DE80F938 (ucrtbase.dll) in kodi_crashlog-18.0-RC4 Git_20181228-14086a7bd3-20190109-181926.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000. 
 Hi Davel,

Do you have the kodi_crash.log file?  (should be a text file, not a .dmp file)

I've been testing on RPI, and haven't had any crashes, but that's linux, and you're on windows.

Thanks!
(2019-01-09, 21:59)davel Wrote: I was hopeful Mike, but it only took a few minutes to confirm that the problem is still there - reproduced quite easily by pausing live tv for a minute and then playing with skipping back and forward, pausing, starting, skipping.

Ok, first off, Thank you, @davel, for all the time you put in running tests and trying new builds to help run things down.  It was extremely helpful.

For the rest of you, the crash above was not reproducible and didn't seem to originate in the addon, but Davel was very good at reproducing some hangs I've been chasing for awhile.  Version 3.3.12 has been pushed and should be available within a few days, if it's not already.  Keep your fingers crossed. :-)

Thanks!
No problem Mike, I'm glad to have helped track down this issue. It seems to be meeting the WAF now Smile
(2019-01-17, 02:06)davel Wrote: No problem Mike, I'm glad to have helped track down this issue. It seems to be meeting the WAF now Smile
 Glad to hear that!  Makes life a bit easier...

Thanks!
With the latest NextPVR Add-On 3.3.12 on Kodi RC5, the Timeshift works much better. But still it hangs sometimes when skipping forward/backward. When it happens Kodi has to be forcefully killed. And quite often skipping takes a long pause, feels like 15 seconds or so. I'm not sure if anyone has reported it. I have the Kodi.log file, quite big (630MB), though, since it took a while to repro this problem. Maybe only the end of the log is of interest. The zipped file is about 35MB. Please advise where I should send it if anyone's interested to take a look.

Thanks !
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift and NextPVR on the latest Nightlies0