v18 Buffering on Live TV
Cache Settings in advancedsettings.xml dont solves the problem. It feels like the cache Settings dosnt interact with live TV anymore. Endless Buffering with tsreader (no rtsp activated). On Android Device or Win10, it dosnt mater.

Tryed these settings:

<advancedsettings>

<forcedswaptime>1</forcedswaptime>

<cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>

Log: https://pastebin.com/rCZNzvDc
Same Problem here. On some channels (epsically german HD-Channels "ZDF HD" und das "Das Erste HD") I have stuttering Sound and buffering ring.
Problem didn´t exist with kodi 17.
I have created a debug log here:
https://pastebin.com/gyQ2EQMt
There are a lot of "Audio sync Errors" and all seams to end with "stream stalled" and then Problem Begins again
Problem does not seem only related to Mediaportal. Just installed ArgusTV-Server on my Server for testing.
Problem is the same. Stuttering and Buffer ring when running LiveTV. Then I recorded the same channel.
The recording can be played without Problems (not Buffer ring) via the "Movies"-Tab in Kodi.
So the Problem seems to be related to the way data gets buffered in kodi 18. 
It seems that most TV-pluggins (Mediaportal and Argus) can not handle that in Kodi 18.
right. Direct File Access via TSREADER dosnt work correctly via WAN or WLAN in v18. As a workaround i use RTSP Stream but i can not pause or timeshift and connot direkt switch the channel, than it hangs and i have to restart Kodi and manualy stop the still active channel on the TV Server
(2018-07-27, 20:05)steo86 Wrote:
Code:
Code:
Same Problem here. On some channels (epsically german HD-Channels "ZDF HD" und das "Das Erste HD") I have stuttering Sound and buffering ring.
Problem didn´t exist with kodi 17.
I have created a debug log here:
https://pastebin.com/gyQ2EQMt
There are a lot of "Audio sync Errors" and all seams to end with "stream stalled" and then Problem Begins again
 I checked the debug log and it looks like a problem in the video player of Kodi 18 itself. Somehow, Kodi rejects the video stream:

Code:
20:01:40.862 T:139685405906688    INFO: ffmpeg[7F0B0AFFD700]:     Stream #0:0[0x30]: Video: h264 ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), none, 90k tbn
20:01:40.863 T:139685405906688   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::AddStream ID: 0
20:01:40.864 T:139685405906688 WARNING: OpenStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

I just checked here with ZDF HD (via Dutch cable network) and I don't have this particular problem (single seat). However, the stream is also stuttering for me, but this is due to the broken deinterlacing (DXVA) in Kodi 18 at the moment. It plays fine with deinterlacing disabled.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi, margo! Glad to see you here! You can also simply reproduce the issue if ur whatching live TV over WLAN.. i think the problem its the higher network delay of ~30ms..  is there anyone a screw to bypass the problem? Network Speed isnt a Problem.

PS: I use the Mediaportal PVR Plugin with TSREADER (no rtsp)
(2018-08-22, 12:17)Gee11 Wrote: Hi, margo! Glad to see you here! You can also simply reproduce the issue if ur whatching live TV over WLAN.. i think the problem its the higher network delay of ~30ms..  is there anyone a screw to bypass the problem? Network Speed isnt a Problem.

PS: I use the Mediaportal PVR Plugin with TSREADER (no rtsp)
 Ah, you are using WLAN. Please don't. WLAN is too unpredictable for accessing HD Live TV streams via direct file access (TSReader). Average network speed might be good, but short interruptions due to interference and varying delays will cause buffering and stuttering. The RTSP route is then the only option. The RTSP protocol it meant for streaming access and will use larger buffers when the network delays are varying. The TSReader (no rtsp) does not implement any buffering at all. It assumes that data is available when asked for.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Thank you for your answer Smile I experienced the same. RTSP works without buffering problems but i cant directly switch the tv channel. I must manualy stop it before go to another chanel. If i do the direct switch it hangs and i must manualy kick the rtsp stream from MP TV Server. Timeshift also dont work with RTSP.

Is it possible to add some little buffering to ts reader file access, editable via config etc.. ? Normal Kodi Cache settings dosnt have any effekt for live TV

And there is another thing: on my Main System i use single seat setup. MP TV Server + Kodi 17.6 /w DSPLAYER. When im whatching TV over TS Reader (no rtsp) all works fine until the timeshift buffer is full. Then i have a freeze. It dont overrides the old timeshift files (cant delete file while accessed error). With a other client connectet via LAN it works as it should.
I will not add any buffering to the ts reader. Its purpose is for local access and stable network connections.
FFMpeg based RTSP has its issues which are out of my control (ffmpeg library). TSReader in RTSP mode should behave better.

Note that I don't support the DSPlayer version. I know that they did some hacks in the plugin which I refused to merge.
What about the GetStreamReadChunkSize parameter i've mentioned here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mediapor.../issues/92
(2018-08-24, 19:43)margro Wrote: I will not add any buffering to the ts reader. Its purpose is for local access and stable network connections.
FFMpeg based RTSP has its issues which are out of my control (ffmpeg library). TSReader in RTSP mode should behave better.

Note that I don't support the DSPlayer version. I know that they did some hacks in the plugin which I refused to merge.
 So thats no solution for me and many others i know.. technicaly its possible to solve the problem for everyone. Simply leave settings by default and add an option to enable bufferung for those who need it.. I know many peaple would be happy to see this.
That's exactly the issue that I have too. Most (or even all) of the German 720p HD channels (e.g. Servus TV HD Deutschland doesn't has this issue) has this Buffer ring.
Gee11 and puenktchen: Is the issue still there? Some advice for me?
At the Weekend I tested CoreELEC final (and the newest Mediaportal PVR Client addon) and it seems that the Live TV buffering issue is solved.
(2019-02-25, 10:20)olli14 Wrote: At the Weekend I tested CoreELEC final (and the newest Mediaportal PVR Client addon) and it seems that the Live TV buffering issue is solved.
Live TV buffering issue is gone. But often I had the issue that Live TV stopped working. So there still seems to be a problem with Kodi 18 Live TV. I am now back to Kodi 17.6.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering on Live TV0