Solved THETVDB " & " it's driving me crazy ! What to do with "Trial & Error" ?
Hi folks,

So, I'm on Kodi 17.6, on win10.  And I use TVDB to scan my episodes.   And It works well, until now.

The name of the show is "Trial & Error"... and I think that the challenge is that   " & "   can be used as a boolean search modifier.

IMDB has it as "Trial & Error"...  TVDB has it as "Trial & Error"  ... and when I scan it in, via TVDB I have to select   Trial & Error","slug":"trial-and-error-1 (2017) (en)

Now, I know that I can't enter all that as a filename for my episodes.

I have tried a variety of naming attempts:   trial.and.error.2017.s01e01 , trial.&.error.2017.s01e01, trial.and.error.s01e01,  trial-and-error-1.s01e01 and likely a few others, but none of them accomplish the task of having teh episode successfully scanned into the database.

Just using the name trial.and.error.s01e01 will not work as that polls a show from back in the 80's rather than the one from 2017.

I'm open to ideas here folks.  Anything that will get the episodes to scan.   Thanks!
See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2752541
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-19, 08:45)Karellen Wrote: See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2752541
 Thanks for the tip...  that could have been it, or TVDB was messing with its API yesterday...

In any case, after trying for over an hour yesterday to get the episodes to scan, they did so without any problem this morning.

Looks like the " & " symbal had nothing to do with it.
Sounds like your scraper may have auto-updated overnight. Yep, the & is not an issue, but TVDB made breaking changes to their API.

Great that it is working. I'll mark this as solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
THETVDB " & " it's driving me crazy ! What to do with "Trial & Error" ?0