Solved Thumbnails are Corrupted (banding/artifacting). How do I clear and replace them?
Photo 
Several movies and TV shows in my library have corrupted poster/thumbnails.
These images load properly, but have colored banding and other artifacts- see attached images for examples.

A bit of research has leads me to the conclusion that there are options to clear all cached images.
I assume it re-downloads them after a restart of KODI.

This doesn't seem ideal for rather large libraries, and I am not clear if it preserves the alternate art choices (not custom art) I have made after the refresh.

My questions are:
-Is there a way to selectively clear image data?
-If not, what is the cleanest way to do this?
-Does that method clear choices made regarding alternate artwork?

Thanks for the help!

Image  Image
1) -Is there a way to selectively clear image data?
2) -If not, what is the cleanest way to do this?
3) -Does that method clear choices made regarding alternate artwork?

1) Using the ( in focus video, ) information menu feature of the extras select artwork, and change to new artwork. 

2) Look inside "\userdata\Thumbnails" Userdata (wiki) and see if your images are corrupt, delete as needed.

3) If you have exported meta-data to separate files, all the images will be inside the movie folder and can rescraped locally plenty fast. Depends on where you are looking for alternative artwork and if you have exported etc. The optional choice images are links in the .nfo file. Artwork (wiki)

Suggestion: run something like 'Artwork Beef' to suppliment your choices. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
Thank you for the response!
Quote:1) Using the ( in focus video, ) information menu feature of the extras select artwork, and change to new artwork. 
2) Look inside "\userdata\Thumbnails" Userdata (wiki) and see if your images are corrupt, delete as needed.
3) If you have exported meta-data to separate files, all the images will be inside the movie folder and can rescraped locally plenty fast. Depends on where you are looking for alternative artwork and if you have exported etc. The optional choice images are links in the .nfo file. Artwork (wiki)
1) All the artwork for the effected media is screwy. It seems that for a certain time period, all the new media I added had this issue. Good thought though!
2) Ah! Ok, I see corrupted images in there. What happens if I delete content there? Will it be re-downloaded with a reboot?
3) The metadata is within Kodi, I don't have it generate NFOs or images within the media folders.
(2018-07-20, 05:01)ruthalas Wrote: 2) Ah! Ok, I see corrupted images in there. What happens if I delete content there? Will it be re-downloaded with a reboot?
The cache will be rebuilt from the same place it was originally scanned or scraped from. ie- if the scraper originally downloaded artwork for a particular movie from TheMovieDB, that is where it will come from again. Even if you now have local artwork for that movie, the original source was the TheMovieDB.

If you have had the library for a number of years, it is possible some of the saved artwork links to the online images may now be obsolete so some images may not rebuild. But easily fixed.

Maybe some of these settings will be of use if you rebuild and have the same problem... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ry_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am familiar with where the data comes from, I just wasn't sure what would prompt KODI to pull again.

I cleared the corrupted files and will restart and re-scan the library.
Based on your posts, I suspect that will prompt the collection of the thumbnails again.

Thank you!

Edits:
  • Restarting and scanning prompted a re-download. All is resolved. Thanks again!
  • If there is a 'mark as solved' button somewhere, I have yet to find it.
  • Found it. Marked as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails are Corrupted (banding/artifacting). How do I clear and replace them?0