Reading Drive Letter
So dumb question I have one drive with several folders on it and I share each folder separately and those the Kodi can see but I have another drive where I store my TV shows and I just wanted to share the whole drive but Kodi can't  access it..
If I make a folder on that drive then put all the TV show folders in there then share it Kodi will see it then.
So can Kodi see just a drive? like smb://computername/drive letter 

Thanks
Yes, "I store my TV shows and I just wanted to share the whole drive but Kodi can't  access it.." As long as the drive letter is marked as a source and the properties are properly shared if networking.
(2018-07-20, 00:37)rustolamite Wrote: So dumb question I have one drive with several folders on it and I share each folder separately and those the Kodi can see but I have another drive where I store my TV shows and I just wanted to share the whole drive but Kodi can't  access it..
If I make a folder on that drive then put all the TV show folders in there then share it Kodi will see it then.
So can Kodi see just a drive? like smb://computername/drive letter 

Thanks

Have you gone to the drive folder properties and enabled sharing? and given the drive share a name?

For example I have a secondary HDD mapped as the F: drive in my desktop, I enable sharing on the drive and give it the share name Desktop_F_Drive then I can add it as smb://Desktop/Desktop_F_Drive (smb://computername/share_name)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reading Drive Letter0