EPG Only Shows next 3 or 4 hours
Both v17 and v18 only show the next 3 or 4 hours in the EPG.  I setup a different PVR plugin (MCE) and that shows the full guide without any issues.  HdHomerun PVR software shows the full EPG as well.  Any ideas on what I could check?

Thanks!
longer epg only comes with the dvr subscription. Do you have that?
(2018-07-24, 08:33)Fuzzard Wrote: longer epg only comes with the dvr subscription. Do you have that?
 Yes I do.  My standalone HDHomeRun DVR, and the HDHomeRun video add-on work as expected.  It's only the PVR HDHomeRun Client add-on that does not show all of the guide.
Yeah, not sure how the stock handles the longer epg. At a guess, im assuming its using the the wrong device id. I dont have the subscription, so ive never tried to see how the plugin handles it unfortunately.

Some others may be able to chime in, and if any technical details can be provided, im happy to try and implement it into the addon.

My thoughts are along the lines of

1) Does the dvr instance (run on nas or wherever) have its own device id and auth id separate to the actual tuner?
2) Does the subscription flag the device id of the tuner box at SD's end so the epg requests with that auth id are all extended?

If 1 is yes, the stock plugin doesnt handle multiple tuner devices well at all, and i would expect 2 to be no. All guesses though. I just havent a need for the subscription to test anything in relation to the longer epg data.

Sorry theres no real good news for you in all that.
(2018-07-25, 02:26)Fuzzard Wrote: Yeah, not sure how the stock handles the longer epg. At a guess, im assuming its using the the wrong device id. I dont have the subscription, so ive never tried to see how the plugin handles it unfortunately.

Some others may be able to chime in, and if any technical details can be provided, im happy to try and implement it into the addon.

My thoughts are along the lines of

1) Does the dvr instance (run on nas or wherever) have its own device id and auth id separate to the actual tuner?
2) Does the subscription flag the device id of the tuner box at SD's end so the epg requests with that auth id are all extended?

If 1 is yes, the stock plugin doesnt handle multiple tuner devices well at all, and i would expect 2 to be no. All guesses though. I just havent a need for the subscription to test anything in relation to the longer epg data.

Sorry theres no real good news for you in all that.
Yeah, I don't know enough about the HDHR APIs to really know how it's supposed to work.  I took a quick look at the source for the plugin and it seemed pretty straight forward, but I don't want to waste too much time on this.

I tried out the unofficial HDHR PVR plugin from djp952 and that does show the full EPG (in addition to actually supporting pausing live TV and recording), so I'm probably going to use that instead.
https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...hp?t=65776
Yeah, that plugin was made to utilise the DVR service fully.
I'm having the same issue. I;ve just bought an HdHomerun and the sub to use with Kodi. Using the PVR addon in the Kodi repo gives me an EPG for the rest of the current day and no option to record. 

I contacted the HDHomerun support and they told me I'm using the wrong add-on, I should use the HDHomerun addon in the Video section of the Kodi Repo. Ive tried that and it runs an actual addon that is similar to the normal HDHomerun apps. Trouble is, is pretty poor, and why would I want to an addon in Kodi that is inferior to the Android HDHomerun addon that's also on my Nvidia Shield TV? I was hoping for a more integrated experience, where the Live TV option in Kodi picked it all up and allowed me to record, etc, but it seems that's not how the HDHomerun addons work. Its either integrated into Kodi but with only the current days EPG and no record, a crap addon via Kodi, or the Android addon. 

Thinking I might be returning mine. Such a shame as I was initially quite impressed with the mobile apps, but the main requirement for me is using it with Kodi as that's our main TV and media player.
(2018-08-12, 01:04)Finchy Wrote: I'm having the same issue. I;ve just bought an HdHomerun and the sub to use with Kodi. Using the PVR addon in the Kodi repo gives me an EPG for the rest of the current day and no option to record. 

I contacted the HDHomerun support and they told me I'm using the wrong add-on, I should use the HDHomerun addon in the Video section of the Kodi Repo. Ive tried that and it runs an actual addon that is similar to the normal HDHomerun apps. Trouble is, is pretty poor, and why would I want to an addon in Kodi that is inferior to the Android HDHomerun addon that's also on my Nvidia Shield TV? I was hoping for a more integrated experience, where the Live TV option in Kodi picked it all up and allowed me to record, etc, but it seems that's not how the HDHomerun addons work. Its either integrated into Kodi but with only the current days EPG and no record, a crap addon via Kodi, or the Android addon. 

Thinking I might be returning mine. Such a shame as I was initially quite impressed with the mobile apps, but the main requirement for me is using it with Kodi as that's our main TV and media player.
If you disable the standard HDHR PVR add-on, and install the unofficial PVR add-on from this link, you should get the behavior that you want.  It will integrate with Live TV, allow you to record and give you the full EPG.  You will still have to make sure that you have paid for the HDHR DVR Subscription and followed the instructions to setup the recording engine.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...hp?t=65776

I have this installed and it works pretty well (although I only use it for Live TV, I prefer to handle recording through PLEX).
(2018-07-25, 02:26)Fuzzard Wrote: My thoughts are along the lines of

For those interested, the answer to 1 yes, the subscription gets its own "DeviceID". Additionally, I believe that 2 is also true, since it ties everything to the public IP that the DVR subscription has, so all devices would have the same public IP.

I remeber reading long ago that when the guide is requested using HDHR's APIs, it sends the auth code as a concatenation of ALL auth codes from all devices. I'm not sure if this plugin is doing it that way, but the proper way is to include all devices, to ensure that if some are cable and others are OTA, then the guide request will respond with listings for both lineups.
(2018-08-13, 16:49)rpcameron Wrote:
(2018-07-25, 02:26)Fuzzard Wrote: My thoughts are along the lines of

For those interested, the answer to 1 yes, the subscription gets its own "DeviceID". Additionally, I believe that 2 is also true, since it ties everything to the public IP that the DVR subscription has, so all devices would have the same public IP.

I remeber reading long ago that when the guide is requested using HDHR's APIs, it sends the auth code as a concatenation of ALL auth codes from all devices. I'm not sure if this plugin is doing it that way, but the proper way is to include all devices, to ensure that if some are cable and others are OTA, then the guide request will respond with listings for both lineups.   

It is my understanding that there is no separate device ID that the record engine uses to get the guide data.

You may concatenate the auth codes from all devices if you want, or you may ask for the guide for an individual box.  If the box has been set up with your DVR account (using the instructions that they gave you), any of the boxes auth strings will be usable for the full guide data.

However, it is a different call to get full data.  If you send a request without a channel number, you get all channels for the next <=4 hours.  To get a longer guide, you send a request with a specific channel number and an optional "Start" parameter, and you get eight hours starting now or at the specified time.  The program must do repeated calls to get the full guide this way.  I don't think the current non-official add-on does this.
Thanks for the info Mathew and rpcameron.

the built in addon definitely doesnt do requests the way you suggest Matthew, so that would explain the 4hr limitation. I think i had a PR submitted (https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun/pull/62) to it that did extended guide the exact way you describe, but i was on the fence about pushing to get it in due to the number of calls needed to SD to fill out even a small guide (Like 24 channels here in AU), let alone some of the channel numbers you americans seem to have.

I had hoped that SD would recognise an auth string attached to the DVR service, and then would return the 24hr+ guide in a single call. Sucks that it doesnt do it that way.

The concatenation of auth codes definitely isnt done in the default plugin. Once again, it only deals with a single tuner device. Either Matthew's addon, or the DVR addon that djp has over on the SD forums are your best bet for multi tuner/DVR features.
(2018-07-21, 04:59)bqq100 Wrote: Both v17 and v18 only show the next 3 or 4 hours in the EPG.  I setup a different PVR plugin (MCE) and that shows the full guide without any issues.  HdHomerun PVR software shows the full EPG as well.  Any ideas on what I could check?

Thanks!
Have you gone into system,settings, PVR&Live TV to change the EPG future days to display? Default should be 3 days.  I have the HD Homerun subscription and have installed the Zuki unofficial PVR which you can find here: https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...hp?t=71135. It works very well, at least on one PC. On my 2 other PCs I only get 3 days of EPG, whereas on the first one I get a full 14 days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Only Shows next 3 or 4 hours0