Kodi crashing/freezing while playing over network
Kodi 17.6
Windows 10 Home 
64 bit
8GB RAM
Netgear Nighthawk R7000

I was hoping someone could take a look at my log. Kodi has been freezing and crashing for a long time now when I play videos over my network. The video and audio will randomly freeze and sometimes trying to recover from this will cause Kodi to crash. It's not always random though, usually it will freeze at the same part of a movie but not always. If there is anything else I share please let me know. Thanks for your help.

log: https://pastebin.com/yYD04sYn
mediainfo: https://pastebin.com/s9pyubjD
Can't really pick the actual problem, but I make the following comments...

cpp:
14:17:33.413 T:8932 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 4
Error reading end tag.
Your advancedsettings.xml file is not being loaded for the profile you are using.

I note you are using DirectSound. Can you change audio settings to use WASAPI

I have the same graphics module as you- Intel® HD Graphics 4600 and some of those errors look somewhat familiar. Can you try disabling Adjust Display Refresh Rate... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Videos#Playback

Let us know if that works. If not, one of the video guru's will have to take a look.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you. I'll try the refresh rate suggestion (edit: this was disabled). I've read that WASAPI sound is inferior to DirectSound, I'd like to get direct sound working if this is the case.

My advanced settings file is short but I'm not sure what line 4 would be. Does this look wrong?

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readfactor>6</readbufferfactor>
<memorysize>262144000</<memorysize>>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>
;52428800  50Mb
;159383552 150MB
;209715200 200MB
;262144000 250MB
;536870912 512MB
;1073741824 1GB

edit: Adjust Display Refresh Rate was disabled when the log was taken.
(2018-07-22, 01:54)konnerbllb Wrote: <readfactor>6</readbufferfactor>

readfactor != readbufferfactor
Opening tag should match closing tag,
The correct for kodi 17+ is
<readfactor>6</readfactor>
Oh, right. Thank you. This file was converted from an older version of kodi. I must have missed the end tag.
(2018-07-22, 01:54)konnerbllb Wrote: <memorysize>262144000</<memorysize>>
in addition... the above closing tag is wrong.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing/freezing while playing over network0