Ellipsis for Xbox (EX) skin for XBMC
wow someone posted a rude comment on the youtube video.
A nice update from the blackbolt site;

Update 12th February 2009:

So it's been a while guys, but we've been busy! I've noticed on the forums that there's been a few users complaining that the Ellipsis skin is 'too little, too late', well screw you hippies, we don't give a shit, we're still making it. For the past few years, since finishing MC360 we've all gone our seperate ways, but I've also wanted to finish Ellipsis, just work, etc got in the way. Well finally after a couple of years of nothing much happening, we've gone from a few concepts of the skin to a fully functional skin which is past the mid-point of its development.

The shot below is of the skin actually running. Soon I'll change that shot to a video to give you guys a better idea of how ellipsis looks and works. We know most people are beyond XBMC now, but with the windows, mac and linux versions I think XBMC will live on for a long time to come and we wanted to have one last stab at it. Ellipsis will come in a single download, universal for all platforms. It's primary objective is to work in the home theatre enviroment, be simple to navigate and make it as quick as possible to get to the things you want. During our alpha stage we've had a lot of positive feedback and when we get to a good place very soon, we're going to go public so everyone can experience what I've had in my head for a couple of years and what has finally been brought into reality in the past couple of months.
Excellent news!
Looks nice and clean. Saw pictures of it long time ago. Finish it or don't finish it. Its your project. Wink

I'd rather see it finished, but ...............
Any more news since the 12th of Feb.?
tjost Wrote:WOW, AMAZING VIDEO i fall asleep at 0.1 seconds.

sorry man he work, i aprechead but it is so booring and so often seen. Only a tweak of an old old skin. try something new.
Rather an unkind comment it may not be to your taste but there is no need to rubbish it.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I think the skin will be awesome, please do release it.

Don't listen to the handful of folks that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground.
true: unkind comments are not welcome. just cuz u don't like it, STFU! I don't see ur skins on the forums. i don't noe how to code skins so i just be quiet. if i like the skin, i post. don't post if u don't like it. people like u should be banned forn XBMC altogether. :mad:

BTW: love the skin, i will skin my XBMC with this. (My first skin other than PM3) thank you for your hard work and your efforts on making this skin. your work is appreciated. (UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE WHO NEED TO SHUT THEIR MOUTHS)
what is happening with this skin? Is it still going to be released still? Seems to have gone off the radar
jamsponge Wrote:what is happening with this skin? Is it still going to be released still? Seems to have gone off the radar

http://blackbolt.x-scene.com/ Shocked
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Wow. This skin has come so far now, i remember just seeing screen shots and teasers. Will this also work on xbox without mods or is that a goal no longer attainable with one release?

--FF
Amazing!!!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Looks awesome, Any idea when the skins is going to be released?
FernFerret Wrote:Wow. This skin has come so far now, i remember just seeing screen shots and teasers. Will this also work on xbox without mods or is that a goal no longer attainable with one release?

--FF

At this very moment we've hit a snag with memory running out when playing videos and exiting back out to the menus, but we do have a fix in mind. But yes the plan is without a doubt to have a single download, a single skin that works for both xbox and pc, if we have to make changes per platform, it will be done dynamically within the skin, so the skin will know what platform its running on and adjust itself accordingly.

I am definitely not going to settle for a juddery, slugglish experience. NoNerd
Spoon Wrote:Looks awesome, Any idea when the skins is going to be released?

Soon, can't say when for deffinate but I can tell you it will be after feature freeze of XBMC, unless that's months away, then we'll make adjustments and release sooner.

Just keep an eye on that website, as soon as I know the release date, I'll let you guys know. You'll have a few weeks notice anyway. So at least I can say its not coming out for at least a few weeks as I would have said so now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis for Xbox (EX) skin for XBMC0