v17 Kodi 17.6 won't close properly - stays running in background till system restart.
I'm not sure exactly what the issue is here, my log file looks really weird and there are multiple errors.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 with all current updates on 1060 3GB with newest drivers as of today.

Here is the latest log file from the last time I shut down (it did shut down properly this time)

https://pastebin.com/0tcFDkLg

There's some weird bits throughout but look at the bottom, it says it uninstalled all my addons (and further to the top it says it installed them again ..) they are all installed and working fine!

Also what does that last part mean about unreleased information objects?  (at the very bottom)
(2018-07-23, 07:23)Ubel Wrote: my log file looks really weird and there are multiple errors.
You will need to be more specific and point to the Line Numbers in the paste. I don't see anything wrong, apart from a couple of badly named shows that won't scrape, but that is user error.

(2018-07-23, 07:23)Ubel Wrote: it says it uninstalled all my addons
Yes, that is normal. That is Kodi shutting down correctly. Nothing is actually being uninstalled and then re-installed. Think of it as being removed from memory.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Line 1681 and onward is kinda weird.

" Yes, that is normal. That is Kodi shutting down correctly. Nothing is actually being uninstalled and then re-installed. Think of it as being removed from memory. "

Ahh okay I was not sure - I just know I keep seeing other threads where people are constantly blaming addons as the problem for Kodi not shutting down properly and I was wondering if my setup was messed up when I saw it kept saying it was uninstalling all the addons - thanks.

Here is the last log where it shut down but stayed running in the background and there was NO WAY to force kill it - I tried default Task Manager, Process Explorer v9 (from MS) and Process Lasso Pro and I tried "End Process Tree" in all three and it will not end. I can't launch it again so it's useless. It just acts like it's not running but it is.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MGWyvTPk3Q/

This has happened about three times now and every time the only solution is to restart Windows - this was really not fun when I was in the middle of transferring a 35GB 1080p rip to an external HDD and could not cancel the transfer lol. I saw in other threads people said sometimes Kodi gets stuck in this "in between state" when it doesn't properly close but I was closing it like I always have (with the regular X in the upper right corner like every Windows software)

(This log is massive and you really only have to look at the end I think, but I don't see anything that really stands out?)
Using process explorer you can get an idea of what process, network, or threads are responsible.

Given Kodi a chance to exit gracefully and unless there is a process held open a proper exit may take some time (might be as long as a few minutes) Suggestion: this has been corrected in Leia.
It appears you are running DSPlayer build of Kodi?  Do you have this problem with official Kodi?

scott s.
" Using process explorer you can get an idea of what process, network, or threads are responsible. "

It actually shows nothing, normally if something else was attached it would show it underneath as a drop down? There was nothing there. I checked last time Kodi was in this "stuck" state. Unless there's another way that I am missing.

" Given Kodi a chance to exit gracefully and unless there is a process held open a proper exit may take some time (might be as long as a few minutes) "

I don't know what you mean by exit gracefully, it was stuck in this state for over 30+ minutes before. It's installed on an SSD, there shouldn't be anything holding it up and the log apparently shows nothing right?

" It appears you are running DSPlayer build of Kodi?  Do you have this problem with official Kodi? "

I did not but I wouldn't think it's a problem with DSPlayer according to the log - I just wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions. I like using MadVR for its quality upscaling options.
"It actually shows nothing, normally if something else was attached it would show it underneath as a drop down? There was nothing there. I checked last time Kodi was in this "stuck" state. Unless there's another way that I am missing." In process explorer, (https://download.sysinternals.com/files/...plorer.zip) with Kodi.exe in focus, right mouse menu for properties (of course Kodi should be showing if it's running or stuck) with options. 30+ minutes is beyond the pale, something has gone amiss. As suggested Leia might be a better option, but then I'm not insistent on DSPlayer, using MPC-HC atm for h265 encodes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 won't close properly - stays running in background till system restart.0