Stuttering music when track starts.
I've been running Kodi on my Rasp Pi for about 15 months and never had any problems playing music.  In the last couple of days when a new track starts to play there is the occasional stutter at the beginning.  Nothing is actually skipped but just a short hesitation.

Background;  This is Kodi 17.6 on the latest release of OSMC and using Estuary Mod V1 Skin.  The media is contained on an external USB hard drive attached to the Pi.  Ethernet is wired.  Music is played randomly via the default Party Mode while a screensaver displays pictures also stored on the hard drive.  Yesterday after about 7 hours of running the 'stutter' was very bad and at the start of every new track.  Today the first few tracks played ok then at about 17:49 or thereabouts a track stuttered and I captured the log and the link is below.

Edit: Configuration - Rasp Pi 3; 2TB USB Hard Drive attached to Pi; HDMI to LG Smart TV;  Pi and Tv hard wired E'net;  Spdif from TV to DAC then to powered speakers;  Pi controlled via CEC and universal remote

System was powered on this morning at about 11:33 then powered off - after exiting Kodi  - shortly after.  Then powered on again at about 17:10.

As far as I know nothing on the setup has changed in the last couple of days.  Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

https://pastebin.com/HDfzHjkK
Best to change back to the default Estuary OSMC system skin temporarily, restart OSMC, and reproduce your hiccup(s). Estuary MOD has some extra bells & whistles that *might* interfere. Also try bypassing any fancy audio setup if possible, just to "Sherlock Holmes" any improbabilities.
I had a similar problem a few months ago on Leia. I went into the System settings > Audio and changed Resample Quality from 'GPU accelerated' to 'Low (fast).' That seemed to cure the problem.
Thank you for the replies.

There are a number of things I could try, including your suggestions, but I guess the underlying question is - what's changed in in the last couple of days since this problem has never occurred before.  I don't have automatic updates set, so as far as I know nothing has been updated, although the log seems to imply there are updates going on e.g 11:33:50.859 T:1926101504   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.module.osmcsetting.updates has been installed.'  It's possible this is some internal update rather than a module being updated via the Internet.

I'll give it a while to see if I get anymore responses then I'll plug and play.

Many thanks
... has been installed, just means this addon was found and it can now be used by Kodi. Imagine it would log has been loaded, which is more what it actually does.
Thanks for the reply

I agree, loaded would be a more accurate description in that case.
What has changed.. "Time"
Maybe the SD card is wearing out or the data degradation ? I have had such an issue, and had very strange behavior which I could not track down, until I cut a new image then all was great again.
Thanks for the reply.

I think that while this is not impossible it's highly unlikely it would manifest a problem like this.  New builds often get rid of a lot of 'dross' you don't need and has built up over a period of time and interferes with some operations.  If you did a byte by byte copy to a new card and the problem went away then maybe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering music when track starts.0