External drives have to be plugged in when clearing and rebuilding the image cache?

Do all of the external drives having movie folders have to / should be plugged in when clearing and rebuilding the image cache?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Well.. how should we rebuild a cache from a not plugged in driveHuh

Just delete the cache, it will be rebuilded next time you update one of your drives....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Deleting the thumbsnails folder on a Kodi client, as well as deleting the Textures13.db file, will start rebuilding the Thumbnails cache on demand as you browse through Kodi's movie/tv/music listings.
Quote: Well.. how should we rebuild a cache from a not plugged in driveHuh
I do not know, sorry, no abliities of programming and such. May be rebuild from the data being available for tMM on the drive running, really no idea.

Quote: Just delete the cache, it will be rebuilded next time you update one of your drives....
So the images (of movies on external drives, the data) will be available after clearing though and replaced or whateve the next time an external drive is plugged in? I do not want lose the movie information / images of the movies on external drives (for the time the cache will be rebuilt for that drive next time.
Quote:Deleting the thumbsnails folder on a Kodi client, as well as deleting the Textures13.db file, will start rebuilding the Thumbnails cache on demand as you browse through Kodi's movie/tv/music listings.
Sorry, I am not quite sure, what does it mean for tMM?
(2018-07-25, 09:50)Dirki Wrote: Sorry, I am not quite sure, what does it mean for tMM?
Sorry, I was having a blond moment and overlooked the tMM part. Sleepy
Anyway, may be something like that works for Kodi: I have many movies / series being moved to other drives but Kodi keeps these movies stored in its database at their old places and scrapes the moved movie again, so I have many entries in the database of movies not existing anymore (at that place). Is there a way to remove such entries (without rebuilding the entire database)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External drives have to be plugged in when clearing and rebuilding the image cache?0