XBOX UWP SMB
Managed to reproduce the problem in the debugger under Windows 10 x64 UWP. I just committed a fix. Hopefully v3.5.8 of the plugin will fix this on XBOX too.

Note: it will only work when you have the vfs.smb2 plugin enabled (See Addons/My addons/Virtual filesystems)
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks @margro! How can I get it on Xbox? I have version 3.5.3 at the moment.
In the meantime I have Version 3.5.7 on Xbox. @margro you wrote that Version 3.5.8 may be with a bugfix. But I have no idea how I can test that because I cannot update to this version. Maybe someone knows the workflow to update to this version.

But anyway. I also tried it on my Windows 10 x64 Laptop and it does not work with Version 3.5.9. I will attach a debug log.
In the first attempt I use the "Videos" section as before and it works. A few seconds later I try to playback the same file through the Mediaportal Plugin with no success.
Here is my debug log: Debug Log
Me again Wink

I had an idea after I viewed the log files. The difference between the Videos section and through the mediaportal plugin is that in the Videos section I created the connection via IP and the mediaportal plugin gets the path as UNC (? I hope that is the right word for "\\MyPC\Path\To\Files\File.ts") via the mediaportal database entry. 

So I added another connection in the Videos section with the UNC path and that worked.
Then I tried it via the mediaportal plugin and that does now also work!

Maybe this is more like a workaround (that I can live with) and it would be possible to automatically translate it from UNC to IP. I don't know if that would be a task on the mediaportal plugin side or on the vfs.smb2 plugin side.
My first thought is that this must handle the vfs.smb2 plugin. What do you think @margro ?

But that is only the verification that the Windows 10 x64 UWP Version works. The second part is how to verify it on the Xbox. Maybe this is a question for @jjd-uk ?
Hi MC Darkmaster, are you saying that you have verified the plugin works as expected now on build 3.5.9?  I am waiting for 3.5.8 to become available on the Xbox, still on 3.5.7.
Yes. But Idk if it will work on Xbox
(2018-10-02, 14:03)MC Darkmaster Wrote: Me again Wink

I had an idea after I viewed the log files. The difference between the Videos section and through the mediaportal plugin is that in the Videos section I created the connection via IP and the mediaportal plugin gets the path as UNC (? I hope that is the right word for "\\MyPC\Path\To\Files\File.ts") via the mediaportal database entry. 

So I added another connection in the Videos section with the UNC path and that worked.
Then I tried it via the mediaportal plugin and that does now also work!

The reason why your "another connection" works is that Kodi caches the username/password combination for the server name (\\MyPC). I heard from more people that it is better to remove the SMB username/password from the MediaPortal addon settings and to add a (temporary) link to the Timeshift and Recordings shares in the Videos section. If it works in the Videos section, it should also work in the addon. But you are right that IP v.s. server name are for Kodi 2 different connections.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Today I loaded another update for Xbox One (Beta 3) and it contains Version 3.5.9 of the mediaportal plugin. The good news is: It works exactly the same as the desktop version. So I can now watch recordings on the Xbox one through the plugin. Unfortunatly, the bad news is that I now tried to playback live tv… And that does not work on xbox nor on my laptop.

Debug Log here
(2018-10-05, 15:35)MC Darkmaster Wrote: Today I loaded another update for Xbox One (Beta 3) and it contains Version 3.5.9 of the mediaportal plugin. The good news is: It works exactly the same as the desktop version. So I can now watch recordings on the Xbox one through the plugin. Unfortunatly, the bad news is that I now tried to playback live tv… And that does not work on xbox nor on my laptop.

Debug Log here
Same experience here.
@margro do you already had time to look into this?

Greetings Dark
Hey Guys,

it's been a while since my last post. Today i got an update from the Microsoft Store on my pc with the new Kodi 18 version. So I tried again if it is now possible to watch live tv with the "normal" store version. Unfortunately it doesn't work Sad

@margro I hope you find some time to fix this. That would be really great! 

Debug Log (this time from the Windows 10 Store version): https://paste.kodi.tv/yutojopuki.kodi

Greetings,
Dark
I quickly checked your log file and the addon side is now working fine.

At line 1816 it says: OpenLiveStream: success for channel id 2113 (RTL) on card 5
At this point, Kodi (and FFMPeg) take over and should start decoding the TV stream.
Line 1819..1826 indicate that FFMPeg did parse the streams but then at line 1833, it says:
CVideoPlayer::OpenStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

which basically means that Kodi does not understand/accept the video stream.

Are you able to play a recording from the same TV channel?
@margro yes every recording is working. If it is a recording that is currently active then the only thing is that it is not jumping correctly. I may investigate that further. But thats not a big issue.
I have having similar issues as the OP except I use the 64bit desktop version under Windows 10.

ffmpeg is not working and TSreader only works for live TS, but it is slow and jittery.  Timeshifting and playback of recordings are not working.
@margro it would be very nice if you can fix this issue. Is there any way how I can help you with that? Sometimes it would be nice to watch live tv with the UWP version. So if I can do anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Greetings,
Dark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UWP SMB0