New smart tvs, Kodi, and remote functionality
Hi,
I need feedback from those who have bought new TVs recently and how the remote functions within Kodi. During the past four days I have bought, and returned, two Samsung  Smart TVs (4K UHD) because the remote doesn't function properly. On my 4 years old 46 inch Samsung all the keys functioned properly, like when I go into Videos>Addons, and want to access the settings menu, I would click on the Return button and the context menu would appear. On these two new Samsung's (nu6070, nu7200) the Return button would back you out to the Main screen. No context menu. I created a keymap on the yellow button that brought up the context menu but it was not as easy as clicking the Return button.

Can those who have bought new tvs recently and have no problems with the remote please post what type of tv did you buy? I really would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. Smile.

Best regards,
Bob
I should add that I'm running a Pi3 with LibreELEC 8.2.5.
I've never had the experience of the return button opening context menu. In theory, both return and exit should return you back to the previous page.
(2018-07-26, 19:50)natethomas Wrote: I've never had the experience of the return button opening context menu. In theory, both return and exit should return you back to the previous page.
Thanks for the reply, Nate.

What TV do you have, how old is it, and what remote key opened the context menu?

I had the "new TV fever" bad for about 4 days. After spending hundreds of dollars, and the remote not functioning as I had wished, the "fever" has wained just a bit. It's similar to "car trading fever". Smile.

Thanks, again.

Bob
the older Samsung I have also does open the context menu on "return" (the button even has two symbols on it, one of it indicates the menu). Can't say anything about newer models, but from your description I suppose they moved more of the CEC features to the shitty options menu of the TV.
You try to switch to the TV of LG 4k, I found the quality of the features are very smooth mace
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I do appreciate it. Smile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New smart tvs, Kodi, and remote functionality0