Any closer to a release of 0.9.0??
but we have got nothing on this. I don't mean to be disrespectful, sometimes I may come accross a bit out of line, but thats only because im trying to understand whats accually going on. as for. The discogs topic,. Well I really dont have a clue why that is being overlooked. but come on, its been a long time for pseudo, instead of of pointing out my attatude (Wich I apologise if it comes accross the wrong way), could you instead help by explaining whats going on with pseudotv and why this hasnt been put on github. seriosly, I really dont mean to come accrss demanding. and im definatly not angry or fustrated at you all.
Lunatixz owes you nothing, the sooner you realize that the sooner you will be a better person.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Really, I didn't mean it like that, I ment anything for all long waiting and support from this community.
thats probably bad choice of words. im sorry.
but lets face it, were now how many years?... into the development of pseudotv, and from what we've heard its pretty stable compared to what we have now. and yet there has not been any news on what is happening and why it hasn't been at least donation base release. i would pay to support. I just can't understand it. but I literally did not mean to sound like I was saying. “he ows me” that possibly could of been worded better. im just trying to find out why this hasn't been released if its been at %90 these past couple of years.
(2019-02-21, 02:21)03stevensmi Wrote: Really, I didn't mean it like that, I ment anything for all long waiting and support from this community.
thats probably bad choice of words. im sorry.
but lets face it, were now how many years?... into the development of pseudotv, and from what we've heard its pretty stable compared to what we have now. and yet there has not been any news on what is happening and why it hasn't been at least donation base release. i would pay to support. I just can't understand it. but I literally did not mean to sound like I was saying. “he ows me” that possibly could of been worded better. im just trying to find out why this hasn't been released if its been at %90 these past couple of years.
Lunatixz owes you (us) no status updates. It's his work to share or not share at his discretion. And I say that as both a donator and as someone eagerly anticipating the eventual release when Lunatixz decides it is ready for release.

Try being thankful for his willingness to share in the past not being disgruntled because you're not being given a gift as quickly as you think you should get it.
I think youve explained it a lot clearer for me. and I totally agree with you on its his decision, not ours and should respect that, and perhaps I should of handled it better. I think I just got a little worked up. but you could see it from my point of view? it looked to me out of the ordinary to have something come so far and then going silent for years. and again, I didn't mean it that way when I said “owe us” seriously poor choice in words. don't take them words literally, really. look at how many times
I edit my posts on this site, I always struggle to get my words %100 perfect.
I just dont know why its went silent for so long while its at %90. is it time?, loss of intrest?, stuck on somthing? other projects?, personal life? because all those leads to the question, why is it not on github? this is what im struggling with.
I call this the PTVL wall. Forget everything you've seen or heard, the likes of "0.9 Incoming!" or "It's coming soon!". All of this is from your own imagination, and PTVL army is here once again to remind you of it. I don't know how or why, but asking a question about the release will lead you to a bunch of hate, and leave you feeling like an egocentric prick.

My advice: don't ask questions about this topic, it will happen when it will happen, stop waiting for it, stop even believing it was ever announced. You'll be better off this way, and will dodge a bunch of wise-thinkers telling you how awful of a person you are.
Polite questions are welcome (as they are in all aspects of society) demands and strongly worded statements are not.

If Lunatixz decides not to release anymore... then what? It just seems that instead of rubbing a developer the right way to encourage them, you are making them run away thinking this is not worth the stress. (I would run)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For some reason these posts are really reminding me of this thidvideo.

The addon will be released when Lunatixz thinks it is ready to be released. He does not owe us a release. He does not owe us regular status updates. He does not owe us a damn thing.

He's perfectly within his rights to maintain a private copy of his code for his own use and never ever post it at all. He's on record as having rewritten the code completely so it plugs into Kodi and performs as optimized as possible so it doesn't even qualify for mandatory release under whatever license it was released under in the past or the code it was forked from. It's Lunatixz's code to do with whatever he chooses.

He owes us nothing.

But that said I think his past releases show Lunatixz to be an honorable person and he has said he would release the code when it is ready. He's even gone on record as saying he expects it to be released during the 18.x cycle but he has given no time frames and is not required to give any time frames. He will release it when he is ready to release it.

You trust him enough to make the program, you trust him enough to have improved it, so why is it so hard to trust him to release the program when it's ready?
If he ever gives up, warning his loyal followers who knew about him in the first place because of his consistent sharing of information about PTVL development (which stopped at a certain point 2 years ago), would be the least he could give back (as it is in all other aspects of society). Even temporary Kodi addons devs inform their userbase by leaving a message in their addon's header. It's simple courtoisie between a dev and his userbase.

I mean absolutely no harm in saying this, but Lunatixz once was very vocal about his addon, and he stopped doing so. I hope you understand not everyone is in the know about Lunatixz's whereabouts, and he did promote 0.9 at some point. Now he stopped doing so, and that's fine. Problem is he never seemed to care enough to come with an explanation for the social media promotion posts, and the fact that we're here, 2 years later, with nothing "Incoming!", which to some, including me, seems a little off. The lack of information and updates after a period of "promotion" of imminent release is weird. That's just my opinion.

It reminds me of Plex Web Tools plugin. Devs never come with updates regarding future releases, and I'm totally fine with that. If they posted on Twitter: "The newest Plex Web Tools release will be a total overhaul of our program, and it's incoming!", it would be a different story. You seem to differ with that premise, and I respect that. At this point I don't care much about PTVL. Once every month I look if there's any follow up to this "incoming" post 2 years ago. I happen to have stumbled on this thread from one of these "let's see if anything new happened".

Cheers.
(2019-02-22, 03:35)jpbelanger79 Wrote: I mean absolutely no harm in saying this, but Lunatixz once was very vocal about his addon, and he stopped doing so. I hope you understand not everyone is in the know about Lunatixz's whereabouts, and he did promote 0.9 at some point. Now he stopped doing so, and that's fine.

See herehere.

He's not stopped telling people what is going on. You need to look harder.
Isn't it a little silly that you point me to a post where the user is saying exactly what many think, and get shunned?

Anyway I personally saw this Reddit post when I checked out the sub a couple of weeks ago, and this is just another example of a user asking a simple question with valid background, and gets dusted off. That will be all for tonight folks, I don't want/need to convince anyone to think a certain way, my opinion on Lunatixz and his communication habits is what it is. I don't think he owns anyone anything, but I think because of this and vague sparse information, combined with misleading social media posts and the "I don't care, do U? Lol" attitude, I just got tired of waiting for it.

Peace.
Not all of us are developers or know about the various odd corners where Lunatixz and other developers discuss things.  Don't get impatient with us about that. 

This is the Kodi forum.  PTVL is a Kodi addon.  We're even in a subsection devoted entirely to this addon.  It is the most natural place in the world to ask for current info about it.

That being said, there is a whole story to why PTVL still hasn't been released and why Lunatixz is mostly quiet on the issue.  I had to dig around a fair amount to find out most of it.  Learning those details (most of which escape me now) made it a bit easier to remain patient.  Perhaps an admin or moderator could write out the whole thing once and post it at the top of the section.  Like what was done for the "Kodi Box" business.  Then overly eager inquiries can simply be referred there, without any unpleasant back-and-forths.
(2019-02-26, 21:15)Dennis_D Wrote: Not all of us are developers or know about the various odd corners where Lunatixz and other developers discuss things.  Don't get impatient with us about that.

Google?  It's not that hard.  Just search for Lunatixz or PseudoTV Live! and you'll find all sorts of places where information has been posted in the past, including on these forums, on other forums, on places like Reddit, etc.  If you can't be bothered to do at least that much for something that is as important to people as the hysteria in this thread then how important is it to you really?

In any case for some of us it's not at all about finding the information as much as it is about remembering it being said and hunting it down.  Some of us having been using PseudoTV for a very long time, we even remember the earlier versions when it was called TV Time...
(2019-02-26, 21:15)Dennis_D Wrote: This is the Kodi forum.  PTVL is a Kodi addon.  We're even in a subsection devoted entirely to this addon.  It is the most natural place in the world to ask for current info about it.

There's a huge difference between asking for a status update and what we saw in this thread.

(2019-02-26, 21:15)Dennis_D Wrote: That being said, there is a whole story to why PTVL still hasn't been released and why Lunatixz is mostly quiet on the issue.

Honestly, looking at this thread, I couldn't imagine why Lunatixz hasn't felt like talking about it.  Eek

Again, it's not like this is a secret or anything.  The story is simple:  Lunatixz saw a cool addon and wanted to extend it for his own use.  He was kind enough to make it an open beta so that we could all benefit--us by being able to use a cool addon while it was being developed and him by making use of crowdsource bug reports so he could bring it up to snuff faster.  When people insisted on remaining with earlier unsupported versions of the app and complaining about bugs which were already known and fixed he warned people that he would close the beta testing to just himself and his own use if people didn't get on board and stop spamming him with bugs for old code.  People ignored those warnings and so he simply stopped releasing new versions publicly.

(2019-02-26, 21:15)Dennis_D Wrote: I had to dig around a fair amount to find out most of it.  Learning those details (most of which escape me now) made it a bit easier to remain patient.

See?  It is possible to find this information!  You yourself are proof of it!  You cared enough to do the research.  If others choose not to do so then they clearly don't care all that much do they?
(2019-02-26, 21:15)Dennis_D Wrote: Perhaps an admin or moderator could write out the whole thing once and post it at the top of the section.  Like what was done for the "Kodi Box" business.  Then overly eager inquiries can simply be referred there, without any unpleasant back-and-forths.

Oh... Oh...dude.  This is like the worst example you could have picked. They did just that to broadcast the unaffiliated nature of Kodi Boxes sold by scammers and it has helped Not. At. All.

This is because people are not 'overly eager' on these subjects.  They are entitled.  Lunatixz owes us nothing.  He doesn't even need to release the working code he is using on his own systems.  He owes no obligations to any of us, including anyone who donated in the past.

He is free to continue using the code he wrote (and rewrote and rewrote and..) on his own systems for his own pleasure for as long as he likes and never make a 0.9.x or a 1.0 release at all.  He has working code that functions and does what he wants it to do that he tested himself and refactored all on his own.  Now he has said that he will release the addon, first for a final open beta as 0.9.x and then as a final 1.0 release and because he's been honorable in the past about what he says he will do and because he's said what he meant and done what he said he would do in the past I believe him.

All these demands by those late to the party who insist that he must release his code to github, that he must give account to them when they can't be bothered to do the least bit of searching on the issue are pathetic. The little bit I've donated to him in the past does not entitle me to anything beyond the enjoyment I got from it already in previous versions.  The sheer entitlement in this thread makes me sick.  If it were me I'd have walked away from everything a long time ago by now disgusted.  Thankfully Lunatixz is not me.
A while back, I mostly figured out WHY Lunatixz had "gone silent" on the new PTVL thru links in his forum signature to the PseudoTV Live forum and his Twitter.  The PTVL forum has been shuttered - I assume for reasons similar to why he closed the Beta - and his Twitter account has a LOT of other subjects posted in it (Lunatixz has many interests besides PTVL), so you have to dig quite a bit thru that to get any information.

But just look at all the posting YOU have had to do in this thread.  It must get frustrating to keep explaining the situation over and over again.  Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a generic cut-and-paste reply like:

"Everyone here at the Kodi forum appreciates your interest in the PseudoTV Live 0.90 update.  We share your excitement over it.  Many of us are awaiting a release with great anticipation.  But the developer had chosen not to post updates about his project.  That is his right.  We respect and support that choice.  We ask that you do the same.

Given the great amount of interest, when or if a new version of PTVL is released, it will be very prominently announced here on the Kodi forums.  Don't worry. It won't slip the cracks unnoticed.

In the meantime, if you wish to install an older, unsupported version of PTVL (0.8.0.f) which still works on Kodi 17.6, you can download it at: https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Live "
No, Luna doesn't owe anybody a thing. That said, it's predictable that people are going to be antsy after months of silence and stock replies. To berate people for it is silly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any closer to a release of 0.9.0??0