Anyone seeing wrong audio streams when watch tv?
As I type this I'm watching my local news using Kodi on librelec (v17)  and am watching the "spa" audio stream to get english.   I've seen this on the Kodi build on xbox one too.   Very often it picks the wrong audio stream or the streams seem messed up.   As I said, the show I'm watching now the eng audio stream only has background sounds and the spa stream has english.   Very often it picks spa to play first even though eng is available.

Anyone else seeing something like this?
Perhaps your local new station is messing up its language streams..?
Or is it with other video streams as well?
This is definitely a bug/oversight.

I've been testing v18 plugged into an HDMI computer monitor and my audio is defaulting to the SPA 2.0 audio (Stream 2/2).

KODI appears to be matching the audio stream to the available number of audio channels.

When I plug into a home theater setup where passthrough is enabled, I get the ENG 5.1 audio (Stream 1/2).
(2018-08-11, 17:02)TDown Wrote: This is definitely a bug/oversight.
Then we definitely will need some details via a full debug log (wiki) since you tested v18...
I'm seeing the same thing with v18 in some occasions.  Thanks for confirming you are seeing it too
I actually can't get audiostreams to default to 5.1 anymore in Leia. It will always pick a 2.0 track.
Not a big issue, but just to confirm.

I am afk right now, I'll try and produce a log when I return if nobody beats me to it ..
I have looked into this some more, and now I believe this actually is expected behaviour.

In my case, system-audio settings number of settings is set to two. That would make it the default.
In settings-player-language, the preferred audio language is set,same for preferred default audio streams.

I have three exceptions to the 2.0 audio setting. If I play the source with 5.1 and adjust it to deviate from the default, it remains at this setting next time it's started.

If, for instance, audio language defaults to foreign (spa), see what happens if you set defaults to your preference in settings-player-language.

I think this is logical behaviour (unless I am missing something, which is s distinct possibility Wink)
(2018-08-21, 12:48)Atreyu Wrote: I have looked into this some more, and now I believe this actually is expected behaviour.

In my case, system-audio settings number of settings is set to two. That would make it the default.
In settings-player-language, the preferred audio language is set,same for preferred default audio streams.

I have three exceptions to the 2.0 audio setting. If I play the source with 5.1 and adjust it to deviate from the default, it remains at this setting next time it's started.

If, for instance, audio language defaults to foreign (spa), see what happens if you set defaults to your preference in settings-player-language.

I think this is logical behaviour (unless I am missing something, which is s distinct possibility Wink)
 Confirmed, kind of.  Without Audio Pass Through enabled (System \ Audio), Kodi appears to be matching the number of channels, regardless of language.  Setting the Preferred language as you've recommended does prevent this as well. 

I've never noticed this as I've always been plugged into a HT Receiver with passthrough/transcoding enabled.

Almost all of my channels have two audio streams:

1: ENG 5.1
2: SPA 2.0

At default system settings where the system language is English, defaulting to Stream 2 (Spanish) does not seem correct.  At default settings, Kodi does not attempt to output 5.1 audio with Stream 1.  Passthrough and Transcoding are required.
Will be corrected in tomorrow's build
Yeah, that seems to be conflicting indeed.

Thanks @FernetMenta

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone seeing wrong audio streams when watch tv?0