Req adjust display rate only when NECESSARY (surprised this isnt already an option)
id like a "no preference" option or "last video" option in settings>system>display>general>refresh rate
or perhaps a "on start only" option in settings>player>video>playback>adjust display refresh rate

so, heres the situation:
autoplay next video: off
sync playback to display: on
adjust refresh rate is set to on start/stop 

i do not care what refresh rate the kodi menu is running at, however when i watch a video, id like it to run at the same rate as the FPS
these settings work, but theyre flawed. whenever im watching some TV shows, a few videos in a row may be 24fps/hz and the next few might be 60. but either way, EVERY TIME the video ends, my tv has to blank and switch to the hz set for the settings in system>display>general. for me this makes playing the next video at least a 40 second operation, 15-20 seconds for the display rate to change, and the kodi screen to come back, 5 seconds waiting for the video to start, 15-20 seconds again waiting for refresh rate adjust. 
i realize there is an addon called nextup service that will give me a chance to NOT watch the next episode if i dont want to that will avoid the display rate change between videos, however that only scrapes 10 seconds off of my current wait time and there is no option to change the wait time between episodes for that addon that ive found.

TL;DR my tv changes refresh rates extremely slow, looking for a way to ONLY change refresh rate SYSTEM WIDE if the video currently loading has a different frame rate than the previously played video; otherwise leave it be for Kodi AND the next video
(2018-08-02, 18:54)Ae3nerdgod Wrote: 15-20 seconds for the display rate to change
Sorry, but that must be one heck of an old TV. My 2012 TV changes refresh rates in 1-1.5 seconds. Which exact television apparatus do you have?

The setting Adjust display refresh rate is "Off" by default, which is handy on a PC monitor. You perhaps tried it on your Kodi device connected to your television, which is understandable. Try changing it back to "Off" again.
What kind of TV do you have?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-08-02, 19:11)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-08-02, 18:54)Ae3nerdgod Wrote: 15-20 seconds for the display rate to change
Sorry, but that must be one heck of an old TV. My 2012 TV changes refresh rates in 1-1.5 seconds. Which exact television apparatus do you have?

The setting Adjust display refresh rate is "Off" by default, which is handy on a PC monitor. You perhaps tried it on your Kodi device connected to your television, which is understandable. Try changing it back to "Off" again. 
 its about the same year range, thin is i got a splitter for hyperion. and i want my tv to match the display rate... thats why i have it on. my tv supports 23-75hz at 1080p if i have a 60fps moonlight session running, i want it to stay at 60hz, if im watching the matrix, i neeeeeed it at 23hz lol. i can tell the difference and it bothers me to the point where i cant watch movies at other peoples houses. sad, i know, but i have to live with it. 
(ps im not saying i can actually SEE at 60fps/hz im saying i can tell the difference.)

but back to the point, it seems REAAALLLYYYY unnessicary to change the hz just because ive went to the menu, with the video STILL playing in the background, especially if ive pressed back by mistake
Then set it to "start/stop" and it won't switch refresh rate while the video is still playing in the background. You should REAAAAALLLLLLYYY check the facts before coming up here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adjust display rate only when NECESSARY (surprised this isnt already an option)0