Solved Music Video Files
Apologies if Im being really thick here (and if this should be in another section please let me know or feel free to move it) - Been using Kodi for a while now and have always struggled with naming my Music Videos in it but tbh I never got too bothered about it until now .... Movies/TV Shows all fine..

I will post the relevant info below on what i have , where the log is etc but just to explain the issue. 

Ive got Kodi running on my Mac / My Sony TV / My AFTV quite happily so even though I post in the Mac section its acrosss all platforms really but I am using my Mac to edit my .NFO files and starting to wonder if thats the issue .... 

My folder structure is <drive>/Public/Shared Music/Itunes/Itunes Media/Music Videos/<followed by my various concerts etc in the relevant directory> (Someone in the house uses Apple TV and iTunes hence that convoluted structure for them) .

I have created multiple directories in there but have only done testing on 2 of them so far which I cannot get to work.
The Folder name is <artist> - <concert> (in this case Kylie Minogue - Fever and Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live )
I have an M4v video in that directory and an NFO file both named identically to the Folder 
The NFO files are as follows :
(Kylie Minogue - Fever.NFO)

<musicvideo>
<title>Fever</title>
<artist>Kylie Minogue</artist>
<album>Fever</album>
<genre></genre>
<runtime></runtime>
<plot></plot>
<year></year>
<director></director>
<studio></studio>
</musicvideo>

and 
Kylie Minogue - Body Language

<musicvideo>
<title>Body Language Live</title>
<artist>Kylie Minogue</artist>
</musicvideo>

I have tried experimenting with info between the tags but it doesn't make any difference if the tag is there or not and if it contains info or not for this issue.

I set the directory for my Music Videos up and tell it to use Local Information .... Run a scan and ONLY the Fever album shows up on my Sony TV Kodi - nothing else shows on any of the other Kodi setups. (See screenshots) - Im doing something basic wrong I think.. question is whatHuh

Mac OS High Sieraa 10.13.5
Kodi Version - 18.0 Alpha 2 (on Mac) Krypton 17.6 everywhere else
Kodi Log : HTTPS://Paste.Kodi.TV/lacoxiquyo

Screen Shots

@Gkinghrn

xml:
VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://WDMYCLOUD/Public/Shared Music/Itunes/iTunes Media/Music Videos/Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live/Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live.m4v'
DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live' using Local information only scraper (path: '/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/addons/metadata.local', content: 'musicvideos', version: '1.0.0')
Your NFO Files are not being found, so there is something wrong with how you created them or where they are saved.

It sounds like you saved them in the correct location though, and your paste of the contents looks fine, except there is no first line declaration.

Have a read of section 3.3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Manual_Creation and also the Troubleshooting section further down, particularly item 1
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks for the speedy response.. what do you mean by 'first line declaration' though? not sure I follow. The curious thing is that on my TV at least 1 of the videos shows upHuh (thats running 17.6 Krypton) but not the other.. so weird..
Ah ok i get the declaration thing ..you mean this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
(2018-08-02, 23:27)Gkinghrn Wrote: what do you mean by 'first line declaration' though
In that link to section 3.3, the code box in item 1. Make sure you copy that into the first line.

Check the Encoding is set to UTF-8 and not something else. Image shows incorrect setting. How did you create the files? Did you use a media manager or did you create them yourself using a text editor?

Ensure the file is saved like...
smb://WDMYCLOUD/Public/Shared Music/Itunes/iTunes Media/Music Videos/Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live/Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live.m4v
smb://WDMYCLOUD/Public/Shared Music/Itunes/iTunes Media/Music Videos/Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live/Kylie Minogue - Body Language Live.nfo

If that does not work, then upload the file to a file sharing site like https://uploadfiles.io/ and post the link. I can check the file for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks.. I created them myself ...I made sure It was UTF in the settings for the MacOS textedit app ...

I’ll have another look in the morning and come back to you ..

Thanks
ok ..solved ..... 

.NFO files not being saved in the right format .... 

using TextEdit on the mac by default seems to treat files as non 'plain text' so had to convert to 'plain text' then reserve..

the line '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>' wasn't needed at the start of it ...

Thank you so much for your help ... appreciated..
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video Files0