Beta KodiLexa - control your Kodi instance only with your voice (and Alexa of course :) )
Hi everyone,

since I own an Alexa device and Kodi is definitely the main part of my whole media center, i always thought "why not developing your own solution to combine those 2 worlds ... working as a software developer should help" Smile
I knew that there are other skills out there and all of them are pretty sure good skills, but there is alway 1 big no-go for me so i won´t use them. They did not support what i want (especially TV) or are to complicated to get them running (even for me who works in this business for years now) or simply did not work ... and so on.
I wanted an easy 2 setup solution which simply works, so i decided to develop my own Alexa Skill.

Some of my friends, who had seen the skill live in action forced me to release it. Well normally i don´t like to do this. Internet people are harsh and before they test it ... they hate it or find some reasons to hate it like "Why should i use this ... i have a remote. Your work is useless"
But well ... believe your friends ... if its shitty, a REAL friend will tell you that. And none of them did Smile

So here are some main features of KodiLexa

.) Direct play of movies and tv shows

.) Direct play of tv channels by their name or channel number

.) Player control

.) GUI control

At the moment KodiLexa is not really open for everyone. Since it is in beta state at the moment, i have to send you an invite to the beta program manually.
But that wont take long. I postet a tutorial on Github (https://github.com/hattabatatta/KodiLexa) which explains every step you have to make, to get KodiLexa work. The commands, which are supported at the moment of course are available there too Smile
I kindly ask you, that if you want be part of the beta -> mail me pls. [email protected]

I will be exited if anyone is interested in KodiLexa and will test it. 
Some users of a german speaking Kodi forum are on board as well as some users of a Kodi facebook group. The feedback is extremely positive ... which i like of course Smile
KodiLexa may contain some errors ... thats normal and thats the reason why its in beta Smile
I´ll hope to find all of them together with you and make KodiLexa way better. Suggestions for new features or better voice commands are also welcomed Smile 

If there are any questions ... feel free to ask. Only if those will not be stupid ones Big Grin

Since i am austrian, my native language is german. KodiLexa is developed in german, but is available in english as well. I hope my english is good enough for that Big Grin
One more reason i need some of you guys who are native english speakers ... you will find language errors faster than me Big Grin
KodiLexa is available in DE regions, GB and US.

Best regards
Interesting.  I currently control my setup with Alexa and the Harmony hub.

Does KodiLexa work worth multiple Kodi installs?  My whole house is running on Kodi and I have at least 2 TV's that I control with the Harmony hub.
At the moment KodiLexa only can control 1 instance, but i am working on this feature. Should be finished next week.
Awesome. I’m going to shoot you an email to get on the pilot list. This looks great.
I just sent you an email requesting to test your skill.

Sounds great!

Thanks!
I too sent an email yesterday. Sounds great!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I am finished implementing the feature to control more than 1 instances of Kodi.
Now it is possible to control up to 4 Instances by given roomnames.

See more at the github repo Smile
Thanks,

Just resent my email address to be added to the beta!

So looking forward to using Kodi completely by voice!
My Setup thread |
@tjay260476:
Which mail address did you use? Everyone who sent me a mail with his Alexa mail address received an invite immediately.
edit:
Ah ... your mail was in my spam folder Smile
I´ll send you an invite now.
No worries!

I’ve got the invite cheers!
My Setup thread |
OK, for us none German Speakers.... (and thanks to Google Translate!) for those who have multiple instances like myself, when you go on the Kodi Connector website....

Wohnzimmer is Living Room

Schlafzimmer is Bedroom

Buro is Office
My Setup thread |
Oh there should be the english versions then, if your browser is not german.
I´ll take a look at that tomorrow, so thanks for your reply.

And yes the german, english translation is:
Wohnzimmer - Living Room
Schlafzimmer - Bedroom
Büro - Bureau (but i think office might be better there)
I have fixed the problems ... should be shown in english now Smile
Hi hattabatatta, I've just sing in for the Kodi Connector and I have received and email for that registration. And also I sent you an email requesting an invite for the skill. Looking forward to play with that skill.

Keep that the good work.
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen/ Kodi Krypton 17.6
Macbook Air 13" OSX High Sierra/Kodi Krypton 17.6

Skin: Konfluence by Schism
Testing AppleTV 4/Kodi Beta Alpha Testing
Just sent you an email hoping to test.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiLexa - control your Kodi instance only with your voice (and Alexa of course :) )0