v18 BUG: Black Screen Flickering
I have witnessed a black screen flickering across multiple v18 Nightlies on a RPi 3B+.  I have since returned to v17 without this issue.

The issue only appears to happen with Standard Definition channels (480i).

http://ix.io/1fNI
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/...licker.zip

The above are uploaded logs as well as a short clip recorded through Kodi/NPVR (I apologize for the randomly located hosting service).  The TS file when played through v18 flickers the same as watching a live channel.  Flickering does not exist when TS file is watched on PC.
Your sample TS file flickers only with the software decoding. It does not flicker when a hardware-accelerated MPEG-2 decoding is used. You may want to get a MPEG-2 codec license key for your RPi.
(2018-08-04, 02:39)smp1 Wrote: Your sample TS file flickers only with the software decoding. It does not flicker when a hardware-accelerated MPEG-2 decoding is used. You may want to get a MPEG-2 codec license key for your RPi.
 Thank you for that.  I've applied a license and the different decoders do not flicker.

This wasn't a problem with SW decoding in 8.2.5 so I'm carrying this over in the test build thread.

Thanks again.
(2018-08-05, 09:12)TDown Wrote:
(2018-08-04, 02:39)smp1 Wrote: Your sample TS file flickers only with the software decoding. It does not flicker when a hardware-accelerated MPEG-2 decoding is used. You may want to get a MPEG-2 codec license key for your RPi.
 Thank you for that.  I've applied a license and the different decoders do not flicker.

This wasn't a problem with SW decoding in 8.2.5 so I'm carrying this over in the test build thread.

Thanks again.

Now that you've applied the codec licences, just disable both OMX and MMAL options in Kodi to test software decoding.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG: Black Screen Flickering0